Can F Pac also be the sweetener?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyDinkle

Reaction score
I have a gallon of white grape/peach that seems to have lost most of the peach flavor. (I used Welches white grape and peach juice AND peach fruit.)

I want to back sweeten and add an F pac. Can this be a one-step process?

I plan on purchasing 100% peach nectar...can I heat it and add sugar? Or should I do the F pac first then backsweeten after it clears?

Thanks.

I have a gallon of white grape/peach that seems to have lost most of the peach flavor. (I used Welches white grape and peach juice AND peach fruit.)

I want to back sweeten and add an F pac. Can this be a one-step process?

I plan on purchasing 100% peach nectar...can I heat it and add sugar? Or should I do the F pac first then backsweeten after it clears?

Thanks.

I have exactly the same situation, I just got some peach nectar, but my wine is already crystal clear and ready to be bottled, but with no flavor at all, my dilemma is: Will the wine become cloudy after adding the peach and I need to add clarifier again and let it clear another 2 months, after it is already clear?

I have exactly the same situation, I just got some peach nectar, but my wine is already crystal clear and ready to be bottled, but with no flavor at all, my dilemma is: Will the wine become cloudy after adding the peach and I need to add clarifier again and let it clear another 2 months, after it is already clear?

Yes these is a chance your wine will cloud up but it will clear quickly and you should not need to add a clarifier. You should be able to bottle within a couple of weeks. But make sure you add k-meta and sorbate before doing any type of f-pack or backsweetening, if you have done so already.

Yes these is a chance your wine will cloud up but it will clear quickly and you should not need to add a clarifier. You should be able to bottle within a couple of weeks. But make sure you add k-meta and sorbate before doing any type of f-pack or backsweetening, if you have done so already.

Hi Julie! I already did that stage 4 weeks ago, added a clarifier, k-meta and sorbate and it cleared perfectly, but now it lost the flavor. Would that be safe to add the juice and k-meta and sorbate again?

Hi Julie! I already did that stage 4 weeks ago, added a clarifier, k-meta and sorbate and it cleared perfectly, but now it lost the flavor. Would that be safe to add the juice and k-meta and sorbate again?

Nope, if you already did, no need to add more. Just backsweeten and wait for it to re-clear. Then send a bottle my way! :b

No need to add more k-meta and sorbate, if the flavor isn't where you want it, go ahead and add the f-pac. If it clouds up it will clear fairly quickly.

And use peach juice for your f-pac, not the welch's white grape/peach concentrate. This stuff is high in sugar and you would be taking a chance of having too sweet of a wine.

Get peach juice and boil it down 50%, then add that after it cools.

Last edited:
Just be very sure not to over sweeten!!! If you do youll need to mix in a dry batch.

Nope, if you already did, no need to add more. Just backsweeten and wait for it to re-clear. Then send a bottle my way! :b

I will if it comes good :r this is my first batch and my expectations are not too high but I had learned a lot :b

We made a wine about a year ago that we called "Just Peachy" and had the opposite problem. the peach flavor was way too strong.
It is getting better with time but wow its all you can smell for like a day after you drink a glass lol

Latest posts

Back