California juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydmn

Reaction score
Just ordered 7 buckets from harford vineyard. Getting excited, can't wait! I am also going to try a different yeast on the Sauvignon blanc. Vl3 has anyone used it and did you like the results?

I haven't gotten the email yet. I actually contacted them about a week ago because it was getting so late. What did you get?

, a Chardonnay and a merlot. I wanted to order 2 lugs of merlot but as you know in the spring the grapes were later than the juice. What you planning on for this fall?

harleydmn said:
, a Chardonnay and a merlot. I wanted to order 2 lugs of merlot but as you know in the spring the grapes were later than the juice. What you planning on for this fall?

This should have been 3 Sauvignon blanc, 2 Pinot Grigio. Don't know how I lost the first part. Darn phones.

I'm debating between Italy and California. I'm leaning toward only doing one batch, but that becomes a big trip for just six gallons of wine. So, we'll see. I have a lot of West Coast reds aging and on the racks now, so I'm leaning toward Italy. I'm thinking about a Valpo and/or Brunello. I'll get grapes to go with the Brunello, but would probably use raisins on the Valpo.

In the spring, they had mutliple shipments of buckets, so I was able to time my grape pickup with the juice pickup. Turned out it was a non-issue. I don't know if that's the case all the time - it was my first juice bucket/fresh grape experience.

I have purchased juice buckets from Pittsburgh and was told you don't have to do anything to them but ferment. Is that true ? They are still in the Carnot from last year. This year I will oak some of them.

Latest posts

Back