Cab and Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Picking up 3 full buckets of crushed grapes of Merlot and 2 of Cab tomorrow for free. My friend likes to fill his stuff up to the max and told me to come grab the left overs after work. I wasnt planning on doing any more as I have more fruit wines to make cause Im running out of my "Always have on hand" wines.

I understand if you are to busy to mess around with them....

I will send you my address!!! HAHA

We want to see some pics when you get them.

What kind of grapes were they wade ?
smiley36.gif

Great score buddy !!!

You are one lucky you know what bud ! I wish I had friends like that...mine are only interested in sampling the finished product....not providing the materials.

Pete

paubin said:
You are one lucky you know what bud ! I wish I had friends like that...mine are only interested in sampling the finished product....not providing the materials.

Pete

Ditto,

I have dropped hints to them that if they have "extra" fruit to let me know. I would be happy to take it to another level for them. But I can manage on my own with a little help from Mrs. Gaudet.

The line to sample is definitely longer than the donation line. Unless the empty bottle line counts..............
smiley17.gif

Wade,

I'm curious where your friend gets these grapes from, since I see you are from Connecticut and to my knowledge Cab and Merlot are not typically grapes grown in that area of the country. Am I mistaken & these varietals are grown in your area, or does your friend ship them in? I would love to know because I would love to try my hand at vinifera fresh grapes some time, and living in Missouri I don't have ready access to them.

Thanks for the info!

He gets them from M&M Produce in Hartford which ships them in from all over the world but these are from Lanza Vineyards. Here is a link to this place below but you could also get the grapes from a few other places like Maltose Express in Monroe or Cocchia Norwalk Grape Co.

http://www.juicegrape.com/

Pressed these today and got 5 gallons Cab and 4 of Merlot which is a problem so I had to use my C02 tank to displace the missing volume. I dont have anymore 3 gallon carboys and not enough 1 gallon jugs. Im running low on glass over here. I only have 1 more 6 gallon carboy and my Peach wine has to go in that tomorrow!
smiley3.gif

I have some glass here.... send it over and I can store it for a few years for ya!
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back