Busy couple days

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
We just got pounded by Mother Nature. A good 14 inches of snow and I've got 5 ft drifts in the back yard. Needless to say I've been stuck in the house so I got busy in the Chateau Aubin winery and brewery. Bottled a batch of old american style ale, 6 gal apple wine, 1 gal citrus melomel. Also racked black cherry wine, peach wine, white niagra wine, and spiced ginger mead. Just started a 6 gal batch of blush vinfandel and tomorrow I'll start 6 gal of strawberry wine and maybe another gal. batch of something, not sure what yet. Maybe a dried fruit wine of some type. If this snow doesn't melt quick I'll end up lookin like Stinky. Although that may be a good thing. Haahahaahhaaa.

Pete

Pete it sounds like you used your time well being stuck inside and sorry to hear about the snow this late in the winter.

Opening Day Monday....GO SOX!!!! I will get to see all the games I have time to watch in high def since we now get NESN and Fox.

I would like to be in the garden but maybe in a month or two. Last year we recieved our last snow the second week of May but I'm hoping for a little bit earlier of a spring this year. I was shocked earlier this morning when I went to the wine room....my blush zin is fermenting actively after just 8 hours since I added the yeast. Well, thats enough for now, I've got some fresh bread to bake and other kitchen stuff to do.

Pete

Sorry bout that Pete..I won't say anything about me being out in my short sleeves yesterday evening admiring the new growth on my Muscadines I planted last year and I sure won't mention the beauty of the red bud and dogwood trees in my yard that are in full bloom. Edited by: Waldo

It's nice to hear someone is having some nice really warm weather and having the plants "Spring" into action. Wasn't bad here today- about 50, robins egg blue skies and little wind. I went out and pruned some more on the apple trees. On the way back up to the house from the orchard, I almost buried the truck in the mud. I do have tomatoes and peppers up though(in the greenhouse that is).

Back