Brew belt Lifespan??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pightr

Reaction score
I have two brew belts roughly about a year old now one is probably less than that and they have both all of the sudden stopped working on me in three days. Anyone else have this type of problem with the brew belts? Is there anyway to fix them that anyone knows of? I would hate to go blow another 60 bucks for a few brew belts if I could fix these ones.

Thanks for the reply runningwolf. Good to know that these things can last a few years at least!

Never had a problem with mine in 2 years. You may have a short in the wire from trying to cinch it tight around the bucket or carboy. That always looked like a short just waiting to happen. You could try replacing the electrical cord with a new piece and see if it comes back to life.

Mine are both about 7 years old now and still working despite actually pulling one out of its socket meaning that blue casing so I had to wrap it up with electrical tape but it still works great. Are you sure you didnt blow a fuse in that receptacle or trip it if its a GFI outlet? I highly doubt it as they are very low draw on power though.

I have had mine for over 20 years and still going. Its a bit brittle but softens up when plugged in. It doesn't cinch up very wel but it never did. I use a string from the belt up to the carboy neck to keep it where I want it.

Cheers

Both of them stopping at the same time is a little suspect - I assume you have checked the belts in other circuit outlets. If you have or can get a continuity tester, check the belts by clipping on each of the belt plug blades - this will tell you if the wires are broken and that is about all that can go wrong with these.

Edit - well out of curiosity I tried a continuity tester on one of my belts and it does not work so disregard my suggestion!!

Last edited:
They are basically a shorted circuit so continuity is out the door.

Latest posts

Back