Bottling Party Traditions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gowers Choice

Reaction score
Bottling days are like a birthday party with my group. We all bring some food or snacks and pop open a couple of bottle to sip while we work. How does everyone else handle their bottling days?

I do it alone
smiley19.gif

Maybe if we told them that there would be cork soaking involved that would help???
smiley3.gif

My youngest daughter (25 yrs young) comes over when she can to help out. I usually do the filling, she checks the level once more with a cork on the side and if the height is right, corks it with the port floor corker and then gives the bottle a good wipe with a damp cloth and its on to the next one. seems like it goes real fast with some help for sure!

Single here on bottling day! the cats and dog try to help but the hair keeps getting into the wine!
smiley4.gif

Last time my sister was here conned her into bottling 2 carboys!!! Will probably NEVER happen again after she realized how long it was gonna take.
smiley19.gif
smiley32.gif

does anyone fix the wine level by sipping the wine out of the bottle before corking? :) just checking....

Latest posts

Back