Mosti Mondiale Bottled our MM Renaissance Chilean Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisty

Reaction score
Finally bottled our Malbec yesterday. We started this one on Christmas Eve as a new family tradition. We got a full 30 bottles even afteran "accidental" spill into a few glasses.
smiley2.gif
It tastes really really good! Our plan is to open the first bottle around Thankgiving time.

I also got a chance to use my new floor corker for this bottling. Wow, what a difference! This thing is leaps and bounds over the hand held corker! Well worth the purchase price.

20080616_180927_0615082024a.jpg

This one's really special for my family, because my dad is the one who picked out the kit for our first family kit. He ended up passing away at the end of March after a 7 year long battle with cancer. He had always been the best of us all at picking good wines when we went out to eat and he didn't let us down with this choice either! Just wish he could be here to taste his choice.

Wow travisty, that brought a chill up my body. Sorry to hear about your dad and that would also explain your absence on the forum. Are you going to do another kit in honor of him?

Well, Ihappened to be in the middle startinga gallon of blackberry port when my mom called to tell me he was probably not going to make it through the night. I was at a perfect stopping point to let that sit before pitching the yeast when she called. I was able to go be with my dad as he passed and come back a couple days later to pitch the yeast. So, that port will be in honor of my dad I think.

We thought it was appropriate to bottle the Malbec on father's day, even though we honestly didn't plan it that way.
smiley1.gif

Did you use Waldos or Jobes recipe for the Port as they make an excellent Blackberry port.

Travisty,

What a wonderful tribute. I'm sure your father wouldfeel honored. The wine will no doubt bring to mind fond memories and heart-felt emotion each time you open a bottle.

Ken

Travisty, I am sure your Dad is there with you smiling at the bottling process and nodding a head of a approval.
Sounds as if you have a wonderful, strong family.
Enjoy a glass or two for your Dad at Thanksgiving.

uavwmn said:
Enjoy a glass or two for your Dad at Thanksgiving.

Heh, or three or four.
smiley2.gif

wade said:
Did you use Waldos or Jobes recipe for the Port as they make an excellent Blackberry port.

Yup, that's the recipe I am using!

Every time you open a bottle of that wine it will be like having a visit from your father - if you drink enough you may actually see him!

I'm sorry for your loss, but it's good to have fond memories like making the wine with him.

I am personally a big fan of malbec but have not made any - how does this kit compare thus far to other malbecs you have tasted?

The only Malbec I have made was a limited edition from RJS that I made last year and it was excellent. Id like to try some others soon.

I had never tried a Malbec before my dad suggested this kit. Since we started the kit I've tried a few Malbecs. I think this kit has at least matched the quality of what I think was the best commercial Malbec I've tried so far. It's been bulk aged for about 5 months so I am excited to see what another 5 or 6 months and more will do for this wine!

Latest posts

Back