Blueberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I THINK SOME WINERIES DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO TO OVER COME THERE OWN SET OF PROBLEMS WHEN THE NEED ARISES.they USE BALANCE AND CHEMISTRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE,BUT THE FIRST ITEM ON THEIR SHOPPING LIST IS RAW PRODUCT AND THE QUALITY OF IT.

my point exactly. start right and you shouldn't need an f-pac, imo. i'm not bashing anyone, just stating my opinion. i spoke with my father in depth on the subject and he seems to think it's a kit thing. he doesn't see a need for it with real product. i feel the same. our wines are usually really good. we have had some fruit that is not as ripe, make inferior wine, so i can understand using it to "fix" it in home batches.

F/pacs

F/PACS can and do impart perfect flavoring and depth sometimes to fruit wines,or if your blending fruit with finished wine,as in a lot of wine making marketing today,the goal for a good wine maker is not to rely on them as so many do because a wine didn't turn out so good or in so cases just out right BAD,masking over a problem doesn't correct ones ability to take the proper corrective action at the time,(were not all donperions) it takes a developed skill to make a good product and F/PACS readily do have a place in this industry,and in our environment,but first (once again) you have to know how to prepare them,when to use them and how to balance them. so they don't over power the original wine or fruit wine to start with,I introduced F/PACS to our wine group and only a few are developing this art ,and TOM is definitely one of them.............THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

I dought wineries use f-pacs and probably arent even allowed. Most wineries, at least the ones i have been to that make sweeter wines use sterile filters to stop the wines from fermenting to dry. I myself can not afford the Enolmatic to do so and especially the filters that have to be attached with .025 micron filters that cost about another $100 themselves. I dont necessarily use the f-plac for flavor as much as i use it for natural sugars.

F-Pak = Flavor Pack. Added to a wine after fermentation to add flavor.

Usually a concentrated juice of the original fruit ingredients. But, can also be simple syrup, honey, or other flavorings added once fermentation is complete. Sorbate and K-meta should be added prior to any F-Pak to prevent secondary fermentation.

F/pacs

I know of two wineries who do use concentrates to enhance their fruit wines,,remember I stated they do what they have to do,to recover a not so good batch,I also stated control of fermentation is key to balance in alcohol,and flavor along with the enhancing proprieties of yeast..look at the INLAND MIST KITS ,and a whole range of wine blends out there,IT'S A BIG INDUSTRY OUT THERE PEOPLE.........THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

A giant, wild and woolly yeastie, skipping happily and picking flowers..

(I stopped skipping and picking flowers immediately..)

'Good morning' said I to the fluffy yeastie, as he turned and saw the unsuccessful attempt to hide my yeastie net.

Then we were off across the yeast field at a spanking pace.. my little legs chasing him as fast as I could run. The net outstretched before me..almost...closer.. and then.................
Allie. tell me about the spanking pace? I am interested!!

( OK I'm stopping now)

Allie
and then he turned and started to foam uncontrollably. There was foam every where and soon I could not see him and as he started to slip away I raised my yeasty net and took a big swipe. I looked and low and behold there he was caught in my net. As I reached in to grab him he.........
Allie. Tell me about a spanking pace??? Sounds interesting lol.

Mad...
You really need a drink fast! You are starting to rambel...

Mad...
You really need a drink fast! You are starting to rambel...

or maybe he's had a few too many :d

i would say we think way outside the box when it comes to wine making. we use ALOT of flavors and different things that are not in any recipe. believe me, we've been doing things different from day 1. we have made raspberry chipotle, choc./rasp. merlot, green tomato and more!! now we tweak our own recipes constantly and try new stuff all the time.

my dad always tells me, R and D never stops! plus it's always more fun anyway!!!:r

Yeastie story

I LIKE IT ALLI PLEASe TELL ME MORE

nope hehehe.. I was sidetracking the thread.

maybe we could start a progressive wine related fictional story in the general chit chat forum..if people are interested in contributing..

just for fun!

Allie

is raspberry chipotle very hot?

Allie

no. it's a roller coaster of a taste! sweet raspberry, raspberry, then a pepper taste. as you swallow and it's almost all down, the heat kicks in. Not harsh, but just a mild smooth heat that is more of an after-taste. it's extremely complex. one of my fav's for sure. for the spicy challenged, it would be hot. if you can't eat a jalapeno in something like chili or on a pizz, it's not for you. i can eat a jalapeno straight from the garden, which is much hotter than from a brine. it's alot less hot than from a jalapeno from a brine.

jalapeno is more like one from a brine.

in a winery far far away

Ok alli lets start on monday or tiesday because of the holiday in the chit chat section ok::

Latest posts

Back