Blueberry wine help!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizz65

Reaction score
OK, here is the story.
I used the recipe from George's site.

start date: 7/13/08
SG was 1.075 I added 1 cup sugar got it to 1.084

7/14/08
pitched yeast 71B-1122

7/16/08
SG 1.076

7/16/08
SG 1.054

7/19/08
SG 1.030

7/20/08
racked it into 1gal jug
SG 1.020

7/25/08
SG .994

7/28/08
SG .992

now the way this recipe reads it should have taken around 3 weeks to get to SG of 1.00

So now what should I do??

There is no way to tell if it will ferment fast or slow. Im going to say this was a 1 or 2 gallon batch judging by how fast it went. Smaller batches will go faster as there is much less sugar to ferment. You are in good shape to proceed to next step.

pizz65 said:
OK, here is the story.
I used the recipe from George's site.

7/20/08
racked it into 1gal jug
SG 1.020

wade said:
Im going to say this was a 1 or 2 gallon batch judging by how fast it went.

Good guess Wade!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

sorry pizz65. I was just yanking Wade's chain. You said you racked it into a gallon jug, so Wade's guess about it being a gallon or two was kind of funny.

Don't worry about your wine. The timeline is fine. I would wait a couple weeks and rack it and then let it sit to clear good.

Chain is yanked and i was trying to post fast as the wire to my laptop is screwed up and not charging my battery so I was running low as Im starting to do now.

You guys break me up!

Pizz...
As any mediocer chemist knows, how fast or slow you get to 1.000 is never going to be the same unless "ALL OF THE VARIABLES REMAIN CONSTANT."
Thst's the key thing here.

Did you ferment at the same temp as George fermented?
Did you ferment in the same light as George did?
Did you ferment with the same fruit that George did?
Did you ferment with the same sugar...

And the list of variables goes on but I think you get it now.

What matters here, for the home wine maker anyway,is that for all intents and purposes, you achieved your 1.000 and apparently, processed your must properly as youreached it.

Only when you get into commercial production doyou have to worry about consistency. And I've given you the secret to it right here.

Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the shorter trip.
As any longer term wine maker will tell you, it don't always happen that way.

Handyman

Latest posts

Back