WineXpert Blueberry Pinot noir mist kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
I just picked up a few kits and this was one of them. I'm interested to see if anyone else has done one of these kits and if so what tweaks if any did you do. I'm going to do the usual 3 lb sugar addition like I do to all my mist kits but was curious to see what everyone has done!

I did that kit and happened to have a professional wine drinker taste it. He felt it was off balance- too sweet not enough acid. I agree. I would've added lots of tannins 2-3TBSP at the begining to balance out the suagr I added and make it a more interesting wine to drink if I were to do it again.

I have not done this kit, but I have done the Watermelon Merlot twice. Once with 3 lbs of sugar and once with 5 lbs of sugar. The 5 lbs of sugar makes it taste less sweet. The added sugar increases the alcohol and helps balance the sweetness.

I made this kit several times, adding 2# of corn sugar and 2 tsp tannin. It doesn't last long at all, it seems everybody loves it!

I was already planning on adding 3lbs of sugar upfront. I just made the black raspberry merlot and adding the extra sugar to up the abv seemed to balance the sweetness of the f pack. It tasted pretty good on my first glass then the next night I think my pallet started to pick it apart a little bit and seemed lacking in mouth feel to me. Almost a watery feeling. Would maybe adding extra tannins or raisins or both help with this? If so, how much of one or the other or both?

I add 6# of sugar to the raspberry peach sangria. Takes the sg to 1.084.
It gets consumed very quickly by my friends!
I just started a new batch yesterday to get ready for summer!

Latest posts

Back