blueberry, oak, and F-pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intoxicating

Reaction score
I have three gallons of blueberry wine that is in clearing stage. I divided it into one gallon jugs when I needed the three gallon carboy for another batch. I am thinking of adding Medium toast French Oak chips to one and bottle it off-dry, and want to back sweeten the other two. How much blueberry should I use to make the F-Pack for one gallon? The wine is a little thin, the recipe I used only called for 3 1/2 lbs per gallon.

Are you saying to cook and strain three pounds of fruit and boil that down for one gallon?
And do it again for the other gallon I plan to sweeten?
Wait how long before deciding how much sugar to add after the fruit juice concentrate?

Thats what Im saying or you could just use like a quart of Wyman's wild Blueberry juice and simmer that down a bit or even a good Blueberry syrup. The syrup would eliminate needing much sugar. Once youve added the f-pac to the wine you can then taste it and make up a simple syrup and add to taste. Just make sure its been stabilized with both k-meta and sorbate.

Back