BlackBerry Jam Concord recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kampo

Junior
Reaction score
Me and the wife are really like big reds that are just off dry with a big berry nose. made a Mixed Berry Concord last year that is now our favorite. thinking of doing somthing in a simler, have a Carboy comming avail this week, and nothing in the pipeline that batch size. thinking 5 gallons with this recipe

5 18oz jars seedless blackberry jam from walmart
10 cans Concord concentrate.
surgar to 1.095 (if my calcs are right approx 4lb)
acid to .65?
yeast neutriants
thinking RC212, really liked the results from my straight black cherry concord that I just bottled.

what you guys think? should this work out alright? should I maybe go more concord or blackberry and less surgar? I've never worked with blackberry jam, I know concord is fairly acidic for a red juice, is blackberry? will I be above .65 acid with just the juice and jam?

Acid is right but be caution on the sugar. I liked how you posted "sugar to 1.095" but I think you should lower that to 1.085 to 1.090. I don't think you are going to need any sugar.

Add peptic emzyme. Jelly has lots of pectin. That is what makes it jelly instead of juice.... Unless you are after a cloudy jelly wine? :)

Latest posts

Back