big garage sale fine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was a great find...pays to be early ..
i bought a drill press minus the drill and motor for 5.00 last week.
added a cork adapter from my little red corker, made the handle on the drill press 12 inches longer, I can cork like crazy, and its adjustable for any size bottle... total investment...15.00

That is really an innovative idea! You should put up a thread with pics. I think this could help a lot of people. I have a small table top drill press and it just never occurred to me that I could use it as a corker. One question, how consistent is it at placing the cork at the same height?

perfect height every time...instead of using the plunger that came with the hand corker..i just cut a piece of dowel rod to length, chuck it in drill press and boom....took a little playing to get the right length..but works real well.
i will try to get some pics today.

Excellent! I do have a floor corker (Father's day gift), but if I'd have thought about this approach I wouldn't need it. I like to tinker with stuff as well....

I still use the red corker, I just replace the plunger with a dowel.
I put the cork in the slot, corker on bottle,and cork..very easy and requires no effort at all.
I guess you could just line up cork, and press it in.. with the xtra long handle, it takes nothing to cork.

Latest posts

Back