BEWARE ON EBAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uavwmn said:
Ace, you will not here from this guy no matter how many emails you send.
Mine took 3 weeks to get here. I am not overly impressed with communication (lack of) or delivery time from this person.
Personnally, I will not buy from him again. I hope everyone gets their kit and enjoys making their wine.
smiley4.gif

uavwmn and everybody else....

Be sure to send feedback on your transaction-truthfully. No need to be derogatory about the seller, just rate your satisfaction. There is a category for communication. Rate him and he will se he needs to improve on that.

Good luck with the port. I bet it will be great!

Appleman, I didn't mean to sound derogatory toward this buyer. That definitely was not my intent and apologize.
Thank you for the info on the communication button for EBay. I will try to find it to give an honest fair rating to this buyer.

Going to start the Port this weekend.
smiley4.gif

I didn't mean to imply you or anyone else was commenting derogatory to the seller.
smiley5.gif

I was simply reminding you all of the feedbackabout and to the seller. That let's sellers know where they need to improve and let's buyers beware of shady,good,slow, fast, etc. sellers.

I feel sorry for EBay Sellers for the most part. EBay rules clearly state that a seller has 30 days to complete the transaction. Some buyers expect the same service as if they were shopping at an on line catalog store, it just doesn't work that way. Perhaps sometimes they have to order the supplies that people buy, sometimes shipping is out of their control. I have had a seller drop the box off at a pack and ship place and they put in on the shelf and never mailed it........ the seller went back to the store and did some reaming....... It's not always their fault, sometimes it is. I can't dissagree with the communications with some of the busier ebayers, I just don't do business with them, they have way to much to look after as it is. If I want to get serious about something thats going to cost me more than $100, I ask a question before I bid. If they answer quickly, I'll bid. If it takes a couple of days or I never hear from them (which is most of the time) then I don't bid, and I send the seller an email to let them know that not having me as another bidder on their item probably lost them money, if not, having them on my "Blocked Bidders list" will.

So send them and email and let them know that they provided an OK service for a great product, but their communication was less than exceptable.

Glad you got your kits, enjoy.

Arrived home from work today to frind my port & 3 gal. carboy waiting on me. The 3 gal. carboy sure looks small compaired to its @ big brothers. Think I was the last to receive the choc. rasb. port from this seller. All arrived in good shape. Will be a week or two before I can start this kit.

Wade:
Im very new to wine making. In a previous post you said you would recomend adding the chaptalization a littla at a time. Could you be more specfic. Like 1/3 of package for 3 days.ect. Hope that makes since
smiley5.gif

Thinks REM

Add a little every day or other day instead of following the instructions. Ive only heard from a few people that this kit didnt quit early on. Mine quit early but still came out awesome as I tend to like my sweet wines a little sweeter then most.

I`ve found ebay to be a good source of cheap stuff, you have to be sure to take note of the sellers feedback though, not just for wine kit and stuff, I tend to buy a lot of stuff from ebay I cant obtain locally and for that its very handy.

Last edited:
Y'all mean there is scams on Ebay? LOL..

Back