Best Chamblaise (Chablis) Kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderEh

Reaction score
Has anyone made any of these kits? It's a big favourite choice for my wife for store bought as she went to school in that area in France, but we haven't tried a kit yet and wondering how they compare. I believe WE Vintners Reserve has one, and RJ Grand Cru. They are both only 10L kits.

Chablis region grows Chardonnay grapes and and does not use oak in the production of the wine. Many Chablis's will mention Apple and citrus in the tasting notes. If these are the flavors your wife is looking for you could look at the various Chardonnay kits with that in the tasting notes and not use any of the included oak.

for instance:

CELLAR CRAFT™ SHOWCASE
Chardonnay, Lodi California
Green apple, citrus, and tropical fruit aromas, lead into light citrus and peach flavours, with soft vanilla oak, and a creamy finish.

Drop the oak and it might be what you want.

I'm actually making an Eclipse Chardonnay right now, it did not have oak from what I recall. Maybe that will satisfy us?

Chablis region grows Chardonnay grapes and and does not use oak in the production of the wine. Many Chablis's will mention Apple and citrus in the tasting notes. If these are the flavors your wife is looking for you could look at the various Chardonnay kits with that in the tasting notes and not use any of the included oak.

for instance:

CELLAR CRAFT™ SHOWCASE
Chardonnay, Lodi California
Green apple, citrus, and tropical fruit aromas, lead into light citrus and peach flavours, with soft vanilla oak, and a creamy finish.

Drop the oak and it might be what you want.
I made this one and it is excellent, very smooth.

I'm actually making an Eclipse Chardonnay right now, it did not have oak from what I recall. Maybe that will satisfy us?
Yeah, that one has no oak from what I remember too. I made it as a gift for my Mom, who loves Chardonnays oaked, I found out later. It was very fruity when young, but after a year or so it dried up pretty well (I still love it, but there was something good about all those fruit flavors when it was young).

Back