berries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intoxicating

Reaction score
smiley32.gif
I will have access to some fresh and some frozen berries soon: strawberries, blueberries, and maybe blackberries and raspberries. Any one have a favorite recipe for a mixed berry fruit punch type wine? I will try a gallon of strawberry and a gallon of blueberry port and am looking for other ideas.

I wouldn't waste time on 1 gallon. Make a 3 -6 gallon batch. For great fruit wine use 5-6# of frozen fruit per gallon.

I agree that one gallon is usually a wast of time. Here-in lies the rub. I have access to limited amounts of FREE fruit, and have to pay for the sugar, yeast, etc. I only have six pounds of blueberries now, and will probably get six to ten pounds of strawberries. If you are willing to hire an exceptional, experienced massage therapist, I could afford to buy enough strawberries to make a proper strawberry chocolate dessert wine in a respectable sized batch. I am available from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and from 3 p.m to 8 p.m. on Mondays. References available upon request!

I wish there were cybermassages - I would download one right now!

(PS I'm the contrarian -- go ahead and make 1 gallon batch! they *are* as much work as bigger batches hence why not make a bigger batch! but you get to try lots of different things, and can come back and make a bigger batch of the ones that turn out well)

I totally agree with Mrs. Pelican, I love making 1 gallon batches and it allows me to experiment on a much smaller (and cheaper) scale. I keep notes so if somwthing is outstanding I can make a larger batch.
VC

Back