Beef Jerky gun and food dehydrator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack:

Any good recipes for Breakfast Sausage or Italian Sausage? I have tried a few and can't find anything I like.

Dan, the only thing Mike uses is high temp cheeses and the last batch he bought swiss and the flavor seems to come thru better than the cheddar but we are using venison not beef but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Sorry, we dont do recipies, we add the cure as per instructions and then toss in a lot of garlic and chilies, the more the better:) We do like to grind first with the kidney blades, mix and let set for the spices to get integrated, then run thru a coarse or fine blades. WVMJ

Jack:

Any good recipes for Breakfast Sausage or Italian Sausage? I have tried a few and can't find anything I like.

Good info WMJ. I like you analogy. Julie, the first time I made the sticks the dehydrator was spotless in the end. Yesterday it was rather messy from the Cheddar Cheese. I will use the high temp cheeses next time. That link you gave earlier sounds like a cool store I wish it was closer. I think I have the casing issue figured out. I was using the 19mm casing as suggested at Gander Mountain, probably because thats all they have. I think 21mm is the correct size and will look for it at Field and Stream or on line.

If you can find time to go to their distribution center in New Castle, you should. They are very friendly and have a lot of great advice.

Just ordered a dehydrator, We decided to give this a try plus we will start making our own healthy treats for the dogs. I bought a bag of sweet potatoe treats that were nothing more than dehydrated sweet potatoes and it was close to $14.00 for a small bag.

Just ordered a dehydrator, We decided to give this a try plus we will start making our own healthy treats for the dogs. I bought a bag of sweet potatoe treats that were nothing more than dehydrated sweet potatoes and it was close to $14.00 for a small bag.

Doug, I take a sweet potato slice it and put it in the over on a rack at 250 degrees for about an hour and a half. They love them!

Doug, I take a sweet potato slice it and put it in the over on a rack at 250 degrees for about an hour and a half. They love them!

We figure we'll use the dehydrator then when roasts go on sale at Giant Eagle as a BOGO pick those up for jerky for us and jerky treats (unseasoned) for the dogs as well. I also have some venison in the freezer I can use. I ordered the one Dan had linked and picked up an extra fruit roll up tray for making those for Andrea.

Also, make chicken jerky, your pups will love them!

Also, make chicken jerky, your pups will love them!

I have some venison, I reached out to our Mayor to see what he has. A friend gives him venison every year and he only eats certain things. Last year he gave me a bunch of ground meat.

Chicken jerky is a good idea.

Hey Doug, how are you dogs enjoying the sweet potato? What is the difference between a Yam and a Sweet potato and will they both work. Yam are a lot cheaper. I couldn't find your post withthe pictures but I like how you cut them into french fry style. I have a commercial french fry cutter, do you think it'll cut sweet potato's as easy as regular potato's?

Latest posts

Back