Bagging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skater388

Junior
Reaction score
So I've done a search with no luck here and google.

I'm thinking cleaning, sterilizing, filling and corking 35 or so bottles at a time is expensive and a lot of work. Can I easily reuse boxed wine bags? I understand they aren't great for long term but majority will be drank in a month or less of bottling.

If you are going to drink your wine right away, I would think you would be ok. I have not tried it, and have never read about anybody trying it on this forum. If it works, let us know. Bigggest thing I can think of is how to fill them. If you drink your wine fast, you can store it in almost any container. Arne.

I've seen those, i think they're on morewines website, i thought of that too, just try it for the heck of it. Let us know!

One of our sponsors sells something made just for that purpose its called Wine on Tap. Its very inexpensive and the bags hold almost 2 gallons of wine. I have heard several people that use them and like the system.

I do summer wines in the wine-on-tap every Summer with at least two kits. A very convenient way to serve wine at parties. The wine will keep very well for at least 6 months, but not much longer. I know The Wine Maker' Toy Store carries them.

The way I do it -
The bags come in sets of three I think. I divide 6 gallons of wine between 3 bags. Don't try to put too much in a single bag, or you won't be able to get the bag into the bag holder.

Back