Bad weekend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, I grew up in Sioux City, and live in Arkansas now. That's so wierd that, with all the flooding in the Siouxland area because of the Missouri River, your house is damaged by a water main break. You just never know...

I'm glad you received at least some insurance money. Hopefully, the city will step up to the plate and pony up.

Thanks for sharing your story, and best wishes for a speedy rebuilding, so you can move on to important things: Like fermentation!!:db

Jim

Nothing was able to be salvaged the company working for the city even ripped the shower out and tossed it in a dumpster. They put new water heaters in today so now I have hot water.

Well I was fishing at 3 in the morning and didnt catch squat, not even a bite so I guess it wasnt a good day at all anywhere. Yes, I did say 3 in the morning!!!!!

LOL. I night fish alot myself. Much cooler at night and you're less likely to catch pesky fish at night.

I can't believe it backed up so bad. That's horrid. Doesn't the whole house smell too? That really sucks!

I got bitten by a spider last Wednesday and I'm praying I don't get any necrosis. Right on the bicep, close to the shoulder. Me, being a stubborn arse, didn't go to the doctor and now it's spread to my left peck and the skin is hardening. It seems to have stopped spreading and isn't real painful, but itches and very red (no black or other color though). So it seems there are quite a few people have a bad month. :cw

MV did you see the spider? Any idea what kind it was? They're nothing to play around with.
uospideranim.gif

Update the city has denied repairing or replacing anything and the church says its was the city fault. So I hired a attorney to sue both of them. On a brighter note my Midwest order arrived this week so I can start making wine again!

Latest posts

Back