Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaluba

Reaction score
i finally got a pic small enough i had to search through a big box though ha jj

Welcome aboard Kaluba. What kind of wines do you make? I think I am fairly close to you. I am here in Crossett AR 8 miles from LA border.

i live about 75 miles from you. I dont make wine i want to but i cant get up the nerve yet i have my equipment and chems just know superkleer, bentonite, or juice
smiley19.gif
smiley7.gif

Yes, that would be a problem. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98 so doesn't develop software for it. Optionally you can save files as .jpg or .gif files which are smaller in size than some of the other picture files.

Kaluba a good way to start would be to buy an inexpensive kit from George here at Fine Vine Wines. The new Mosti line Vinifera Noble offers a wide selection of types of wines for around $2 per bottle and includes all the ingredients needed to make the wine. They make a pretty good wine. If you had more money to spend there are hundreds of kits you could get.

ill probably buy a kit later i just need make a couple checks first i wrecked my car and have to pay the deductiblefirst. Christmas is also around the corner not that christmas should have anything at all to do with money. Unfortunatly in our community it seems that it all about the benjamins. Most definitly before the end of the year ill have something in the bucket.
smiley34.gif

Nice to actually see you! Money is definitely a reason not to buy a kit but do not be nervous about doing this as it really is easy as long as you read the very simple instructions. Trust me, its much easier then it sounds and a wine kit includes everything but corks and bottles. Have you started saving bottles yet? I bought 1 case when I started and have over 650 bottles bottles on racks now and still have another 300 empties. Start saving now so that when you are ready to bottle some wine you will probably have enough of 1 type of bottle to do the whole batch with. I save every bottle I find. I typically can use use the right bottle for each wine varietal but not always.

i dont have all the same bottles but they are wine bottles does it matter? I mean does it matter whether a charrdonay or merlot came out it?Edited by: kaluba

The shape doesn't matter. Just don't try and cork a screw cap bottle. The glass is too thin and may break.

Not at all, but if you start a collection it looks better. Also try and keep red wines in dark glass as light ruins red wines a lot faster then whites.

Kaluba,

Once you "get something in the bucket", read the instructions the wine comes with. Follow them to a "T". You can't go wrong. I felt the same way you did, I was nervous I would mess a step up.
Everyone here will answer your questions, so don't be afraid to ask. It is an awesome place with awesome people.
smiley36.gif

kaluba said:
ill probably buy a kit later i just need make a couple checks first i wrecked my car and have to pay the deductiblefirst. Christmas is also around the corner not that christmas should have anything at all to do with money. Unfortunatly in our community it seems that it all about the benjamins. Most definitly before the end of the year ill have something in the bucket.
smiley34.gif
You can start with some grocery store wine! There's recipes that use frozen juice concentrates from your grocer's freezer. If you start with a glass gallon jug (carboy) and an airlock, you can make those, or even some Joe Mattiolli's Ancient Orange Mead. Small investment for equipment on these. Small investment for ingredients, too.
As far as shrinking pictures, you can crop them to what you want, then use Outlook to send them to yourself. If you send the picture without opening the email first, you should get a box asking if you want to shrink your picture before sending. Just say yes!

Uploading Photos:
I use to use the Email trick too...would send a photos to myself [but NOT as an attachment..if you send it as an attachment it won't shrink it] Just right click on the photo and choose *Send To: then Click on *Mail Recipient....It might work...depending on your Email program. Then you have a smaller photo in your mailbox and have to figure out how to Upload it to this Forum.

Now I have set up a FREE account at http://photobucket.com/ Once I get the photos Uploaded there I bring them to this Fourm from there....
I usually resize the photos before I Upload them...so not sure about their file size. Also, if my computer ever crashes I have many photos saved there.

I agree with PWP...you can make a batch today if you go to the grocery store....some of those wines are very nice and for very little money you can have the joy of smelling and watching it ferment...then sharing it with your friends.

Latest posts

Back