Apricot/white grape update

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fixit guy

Junior
Reaction score
Here is an update on my apricot-white grape wine.

1-40oz apricot puree

1 welshes white grape/peach frozen concentrate (don't know why, justseemed the right thing to do at the time)

sugar to bring sp to 1.088
1 tsp pectic enzyne
1/4 tannin
5 pints water
1/2 acid blend
1 pkg of cote des blancs

started
1-12-08 1.088 65 degrees
1-15-08 1.035 68
1-16-08 1.020 66 transfered to glass
1-27-08 .095 72
201608 72 added1 campden tablet almost 1/4 tbsp sparkloid
Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. The wine has a very good taste at this stage but not crystal clear yet.

Fixit Guy

Edited by: Fixit guy

Have never used the sparkloid before. I use SuperKleer K.C. and it has never failed me yet. Looks like a good batch you have there. Are you within the temps still for the sparkloid?

You have a very dry wine there Fix. You going to back sweeten?

Also, bear in mind that clearing a wine is great for a crystal, clear affect. Some people however, are not as concerned about appearance as they are about taste and for them, clearing isn't as important.

Sounds like you're doing fine though. Also bear in mind that the style you produce today, may not be what you ultimatly want from it. Try another batch another time and adjust your sweetness or flavor enhancement or appricot, grape mix diferently. You might be surprised how diferent the same wine might taste in diferent proportions.

WINE ON YOUNG FELLAH!!!

Fix It, if you are using a fining agent then keep the wine temp around 70* and make sure you have degassed well before adding agent. if you are going all natural then cooler temps will work much better and that can go as far down to almost freezing.

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes I plan to backsweeten to around 1.010 or maybe more depends on the taste. My prelimenary taste not too bad so might not sweeten at all. I have the apricot and a blackberry, welshes grape, and a cranapple clearing at this time. With all the information I have read and the help from you guys maybe I will learn how to make wine one day. I have discovered that this is an interesting hobby and you can't learn enough. Got an empty fermenter so I am thinking what my next batch might be. Still into the fruit wines at this time.

Thanks again......

Latest posts

Back