apple wine vs Apfelwein (the difference between)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to tasting my well-aged (almost two years) version of apfelwein and...it's still just ok. The alcohol has mellowed nicely, but any apple notes are faint and somewhere in the background. Once I bottle, I will definitely carbonate a portion of the batch; it should be somewhat champagne-like. I seem to recall that you are supposed to drink three glasses of it before passing judgment. The lingering question at this point for me is whether it is 'an acquired taste' or if being half snockered helps your perception. Given that I have six gallons of it, I will find out eventually.

I finally got around to tasting my well-aged (almost two years) version of apfelwein and...it's still just ok. The alcohol has mellowed nicely, but any apple notes are faint and somewhere in the background. Once I bottle, I will definitely carbonate a portion of the batch; it should be somewhat champagne-like. I seem to recall that you are supposed to drink three glasses of it before passing judgment. The lingering question at this point for me is whether it is 'an acquired taste' or if being half snockered helps your perception. Given that I have six gallons of it, I will find out eventually.

Send a few gallons my way,
I dont discriminate,
I have been known to drink almost anything!
:pee

Back