Apple Passion Mango

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First250

Reaction score
Got the itch to start a new batch and stopped by the grocery early yesterday morning, just pitched the yeast. I am posting this because both my wife and I were amazed at the flavor. I don't see how the wine could not turn out to be really good also. I'm doing this from memory, as I am too tired to go down to the basement to double check , but I think this is accurate: (3 Gl batch)

(7) 12 oz cans frozen concentrate 'Apple Passion Mango' by Orchard Hill (from Publix supermarket). This is 100% juice concentrate( except for citric and ascorbic acid) with no added sugar. I was surprised at how little sugar it took to get the right SG.

500 ml WE white grape concentrate
2 gallons water
1-1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
1-1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
4 lbs sugar
1 pkt Montrachet yeast
3 campden tabs

SSG: 1.096

No acid blend added as my taste buds say the acid is fine, probably due to the addition of the citric and ascorbic already in it. I tested the pH with some strips I bought, but I have yet to get any reading that makes sense. Color of the strip turns a light brown (not on color chart. I believe the range of the strips is 2.6- 3. something.) Some day I may buy a good test kit, but for now , this must tastes balanced.

Again, I feel good about this one. I'll let you know how it turns out!

That looks like a good recipe there - the acid could well not need more - apple is high in malic and the added citric, plus the acid contributed by the grape concentrate you would only need to worry at this point that the acid level is if anything too high. But if the taste test passes, you should be allright.

Keep us posted, this one sounds like it has potential.

Try going to COSTCO if in your area. I made many wines from their 100% juice.

Good idea. We are members there, but I have never looked at their frozen juice section.

Well, really all of the above, but I was wondering what your favorite Costco 100% juice wines had been and how you made them.
smiley1.gif

Brewgrrrl said:
Well, really all of the above, but I was wondering what your favorite Costco 100% juice wines had been and how you made them.
smiley1.gif
Apple Pear Passion Fruit and Cran-Raspberry from Costco are good starts. Looks like the juice changes as does the seasons do.

Latest posts

Back