Anyone know what kind of grape this could be?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiek

barbiek
Reaction score
In my line of table grapes or any clue as into how I might find out would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gary unfortunately it won't produce any grapes this season I had cut it down to the ground but it has made it up to the top wire:tz:tz:tz Any other suggestions ?

Maybe somebody will come along with a good guess at what it might be. If you're growing other grapes, you know to trim off the lower shoots and train it onto the trellis for next year's production. The good thing is that you have other vines for pollinators in case it's something that's not self pollinating.

Not sure what it is but I agree with Gary that it is not muscadine, lol and my reasoning is because you are north of where they normally grow.

I thought maybe someone with experience on this type of grape would comment it's such a beautiful color and I don't remember seeing it last year but I had cut all my vines back to re trellis and renew, I had some sick vines. Still searching
Thanks

Start by giving us a list of what you grow. There are thousands of varieties grown so it would be a WAG on anyone's part to venture a guess without knowing. You don't have a map of the vines planted?

Problem is I didn't plant them. They were here way before I was. There's really no way of knowing, I did do my homework.That's why I turned to all of you for help with the big ? The previous owner passed on and I researched as far as that. I can't even tell you if they're of the white or red variety they were so diseased! I finally got it up on a rebuilt trellis and I welcome any and all guesstimates sorry if I'm being a pia
Thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Back