another strawberry recipe question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnterryt

Reaction score
3.5 to 4 lbs strawberries
1,5 lbs. sugar or to SG 1.090
1 tsp nutrient
.75 tsp acid blend
.5tsp pectic enzyme
1 campden
.5 energizer
add enough water for one gallon

ive done this recipe before and we liked it pretty well as we (the wife and i) are not wine drinkers but are learning to be:h i want to do ten gallons .
how do i figure how much water to add? do i put ten gallons in the new brute trash can i got today and mark it then drain and add fruit then add water back to the marked line?

we sure could use a little insight on this please

I would mark at 5 gal increments per the method you described, just me.

If you made this before did you end up with one gallon of finished wine? If so, just use the same amount of water times 10.
Obviously your fruit, preferably frozen and thawed for use, will yield juice, but the volume will vary. I would add perhaps 6-7 gallons water plus your fruit, and then when the fruit is removed/pressed top up to 10 gallons. Thinking it should be pretty close.
Or did I look at the question too deeply?

Last edited:
ok thanks i put in seven gallons to start with smashed all them berries up put them in the sack. plus all ingredients except the yeast and sugar ill let it set over night to get some of the berry juice mixed in before i do the SG reading and sugar

Saramc ill be coming up your way to Shepardsville feb 15, 16 for a bluegrass festival are there any wineries I need to see while im in the area?

thank you
terry t

Make at least 11 gal. Use what is leftover from ten gal. for your topoff. Just keepit in some smaller bottles with airlocks on them. Arne.

Back