Another Green Apple Bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
My "tweaked" Green Apple had been bulk aging for a while now and I decided to go ahead and bottle it Sunday to quiet the clamors of those wanting a bottle or two.
20060727_005008_green_apple_rea.jpg

Label I made for it
20060727_005050_green_apple_lab.JPG

In The Bottle
20060727_005134_green_apple_bot.jpg

The Finished product
20060727_005217_green_apple_lab.JPG

Had to dig me a hole out back and bury a case of it once the word got out I had it bottled
smiley36.gif

It's pretty sweet Peter but the green apple flavor handles it really well. Its more on the lines of a wine cooler. The yeast furnished with the kit left it at I believe was 1.010 after the F pack was added and it was stabilized

Looks great Waldo and this is one of my wife's favorites, I normally add 5 lbs of sugar to the makeup.

Way too sweet for my taste but she likes it!

No I didnt Peter..Wish I had but hey folks are loving it so I guess thats all that matters. It is too sweet for my liking too so I have been doing a little blending with some blackberry and muscadine which were fermented to dry. Very interesting to say the least. The Blackberry and apple I thought was excellent

Waldo, Your wine sure looks pretty. I haven't tried that one. Im making a blue berry right now and my straining bag broke..so I think Im going to have to follow Masta's Crushendo instructions to get it racked.....pulp all over!!!!!

How much wine do you have bottled now, Waldo!!? Glad everyone is enjoying it!!! Ramona

I'm sure the wine is fantastic! Only wish I were close by to enjoy a glass with you along with some good conversation!
smiley32.gif

I find everyone likes the Green Apple wine. I don't add any sugar to it, but it sounds like a good idea.

20060806_025240_green_apple_han.jpg

Ramona..I now have about 160 bottles with 6 gallon of Blueberry Mead, 5 Gallon of Blackberry and 5 Gallon of Campbells Best Grape. The Campbells was my first wine from a single varital of grape. We picked them from a vineyard in Altus and I am a thinking it is going to be a really good wine. I will post my pictures later this week.

The green apple is a favorite in our house. I use half the F pack and add 2.5 lbs of sugar to the primary.

Geo tells me to be careful when adding the 1/2 Fpack to the primary as it could stall fermentation. Something about the sorbate in the Fpack. I didn't have a problem and I suspect the green apple flavor remains with the finished product. I of course add the remaining Fpack to finish.

I know I shouldn't be playing with the kits but this isa winner in this house and my wife loves the end product.

Waldo my friend your wine looks fabulous and I know it tastes great. Kicking up the final abv to 11.5% and this wine loses its "wine cooler" label.

Pepere

Nonsense, Experimenting is how wine was created in the first place.
Maybe once in great while we might lose a batch fooling around, but all
of the time we are learning what can and cannot be done and as for that
, our knowledge base here expands exponentially!

Latest posts

Back