An Interesting Site and Videos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figo

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All!

I was doing some research yesterday (what else is new?). As a newbie, I'm always looking for ways to improve my wine making and to learn how others are making their wines. One of the reasons I read this forum daily ;). On Youtube I came across these videos from Rick Haibach, his channel is "The Home Winemaking Channel". He also has a website smartwinemaking dot com. Anywho, he seems pretty knowledgeable and has many good videos (IMHO) and I thought I'd share this information with others, especially those who, like me who are still learning the ropes. I am curious if any of you more seasoned vintners have seen this and what you may think.
Cheers to all!

Hi All!

I was doing some research yesterday (what else is new?). As a newbie, I'm always looking for ways to improve my wine making and to learn how others are making their wines. One of the reasons I read this forum daily ;). On Youtube I came across these videos from Rick Haibach, his channel is "The Home Winemaking Channel". He also has a website smartwinemaking dot com. Anywho, he seems pretty knowledgeable and has many good videos (IMHO) and I thought I'd share this information with others, especially those who, like me who are still learning the ropes. I am curious if any of you more seasoned vintners have seen this and what you may think.
Cheers to all!
Figo, thanks for the info. I watched a couple of the vids and thought they were well done. I particularly like the carboy racks that he made. His idea for a quick wine press got me thinking about a "bellows" design so that the juice could run out through the nozzle. I am thinking it would take some design work but could be made workable for small batches.

1595785597742.png

Figo, thanks for the info. I watched a couple of the vids and thought they were well done. I particularly like the carboy racks that he made. His idea for a quick wine press got me thinking about a "bellows" design so that the juice could run out through the nozzle. I am thinking it would take some design work but could be made workable for small batches.

View attachment 63973

You're Welcome!
Interesting idea about the bellows.
I wonder when you said about the carboy racks if you meant carboy dryers? If not, I haven't seen nor can I find a video about carboy racks. I would love too! I really want a crusher/destemmer and a press. Problem being, my wine cellar is my basement which happens to be finished and my wife won't be very happy if I brought another thing in there! I just don't get it, she drinks most of the wine! LOL

is the area around furnace and water tank finished. make a small insulated room for wine storage and equipment storage there.

No, it's unfinished. Separate room housing utilities and laundry but unfortunately not big enough :(
Actually with grandchildren coming rather regularly we're consider moving. We really have no definite time frame but we are beginning to look.

Latest posts

Back