RJ Spagnols Amorone or Super Tuscan (RJS En Premier)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, no Sangiovese, but that's fine my friend, the Amarone was unforgettable!
I can't wait to be able to return the favor and send you a few bottles of my wine!

UBB what kit. Tasting notes?

RJ Winery series. I've yet to uncork a bottle since bottling but had 1/2 left that we drank that night. Found it to be fairly fruit forward not real heavy with modest oak. Going to be a great easy drinking red IMO.

RJ Winery series. I've yet to uncork a bottle since bottling but had 1/2 left that we drank that night. Found it to be fairly fruit forward not real heavy with modest oak. Going to be a great easy drinking red IMO.

That's the one most of us have made. The kit has lots of American oak used in primary, however since it's untoasted the perception of oak flavor is very muted. I like it because it's very different that other kits, which makes it that much more interesting. It has a uniquely Italian character. RJS doesn't talk about the varietal blend, but save it to say it's unique. This is one you'll want to make a few kits of and age with a lot of patience. It's good young but truly great after a couple years. I say that with just 6 or so bottles left from my first batch! I have 2 more in progress :i

I sent to you a bottle of my sangiovese I also sent you my amarone, keep your eyes open for, let me know you think,:wythere's nothing like a good bottle ,AMARONE.

Really looking forward to receiving it. Thanks, Joe.

Latest posts

Back