Mosti Mondiale Alljuice Nero D Avola Update

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I fermented this last july, I then bulk aged for three months and bottled in october of 2009. I just opened a bottle today and all i can say is i am extremely pleased!!!!! It still has time to go but i gave a glass to my wife without telling her what it was and her response was this is delicious!!!!! I made this per instructions the only thing i did different was an ounce of hungarian oak cubes for the threemonths, but i can tell you i will make this again and for my tastes i will add a 1/2 ounce more of oak. Funny thing is the SG at the start was 1.087 which i consider low but the taste and flavor is quite impressive. Just thought i would share my thoughts as i stare at the 29 bottles left to which i think i will open another before the night is over
smiley36.gif

Pat

Good to know, I have the MM Renaissance version on deck waiting for a period that I will be able to give it more attention than what I have at the moment. Seems the AJ kits need as much as two years to mature. Good to know about the oak as well!

Isn't it a great feeling when it all comes together so nicely

My AJ Nero (started in Oct. '08, bottled April '09) was opened on July 4 to a great reception - very well-liked. Not sure I would add more oak - I'm afraid it would overwhelm the fruitiness, but to each his own, right?

Good to know, thanks for your input Bart!

I will probably just make mine to direction and taste test at 3 and 6 months before bottling.
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back