All Gone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomK-B

Reaction score
Since beginning this hobby (addiction) in June of 2011 I've completed three kits: MM Vinifera Noble Pinot Noir (10L), WE Viognier (16L), and RJS Grand Cru Pinot Grigio (10L). They were not bad. I was particulary pleased with the Viognier and the Pinot Grigio. Well, at Christmas I gave everything out as gifts, pretty much nothing left. I did save one bottle each of the Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio that I want to keep for another year or two to see how they turn out with age. But everything else is gone!
smiley19.gif

I do, however, have a number of kits in process.
smiley4.gif
I have the RJS Apple Tatin White Port and the WE Chocolate Raspberry Port both in bulk aging and am planning for those to be Christmas gifts next year. I have the RJS EP Amarone and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in bulk aging. The NZ Sauvignon Blanc is my wife's favorite and I am making it strictly for her (ok, I love it, too). Finally, I have the RJS Cru Select Valpolicella Ripassa (16L) in process. It's finished fermenting, so I'll be racking it from primary today andstabilizingit. When that's done, I'll be starting a RJS Cru Select Select Pinot Grigio (16L). These two I'm making pretty much for myself. Anybody made these last two kits? I'm wondering how long I'll need to age them before they're drinkable. After all, the cupboard is bare.

Ive made the EP Amarone and the Valpolicella Ripassa and both are awesome! The Amarone you wlil want to age about 1 1/2 -2 years to really see what this wine will be and the Valpol will come around at about the 14 month mark. Yes, the Amarone will taste good at around 1 year but man does it keep improving!!!!!

Latest posts

Back