Alexanders Juice Concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used this brand of juicebefore? I am thinking of making a Muscat wine, and Alexanders is the only place I have found Muscat juice. I would want to make 3 gal.. Their recipe is for 5 gals., and calls for 2-46oz. cans of juice. My thinking is to use 3-46oz. cans of juice for a fuller body, then the general recipe to complete. Comments or recipe additions are welcomed.

Ive tried a few batches that my Brother in law made and thought they were nasty myself, others have said they are decent for blending with other fruits to make a blended wine. Here is a place that sells 5 gallon buckets of Muscat juice in NY look near the bottom for Valvin Muscat
http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com/Pail%20Prices.html

Oh, I wish NY was closer to Michigan... that is a great resource, Wade - thanks!

I can throw a vote for Walker's juices as well. fantastic quality. They do ship. Louisiana is a whole lot further than Michigan.
smiley2.gif
It wasn't cheap but then again wasn't that bad. You do get what you pay for though in the end product. I love their blackberry juice. I can pick blackberries locally but the juice quality is no where near the same.

Forgot to add. I used Alexander's juice once and didn't care for it at all. It had that canned juice taste to it. Somewhat "tinny" metallic.

Thanks, Smurfe - I have been salivating over this list and I may have to order a pail.
smiley4.gif

Runningwolf gave me a bottle of his Rhubarb and another of Isabella from juices from there and Man O man Im on there waiting list for when they get some Rhubarb in again.

Okay! I just mailed in my order for a 5 gallon pail of strawberry juice. Strawberry season here was really early and I didn't get to pick this year, so this works out PERFECTLY - I can hardly wait! Bwah-ha-haaa...

They just emailed me and said Rhubarb should be ready after this weekend!

Sweet!
smiley32.gif

You know, every time I think this "hobby" of mine is getting out of control, I end up spending time on this forum... and then starting more batches...

So hey - thanks for keeping things in perspective!
smiley36.gif

just checked out that site,about three or four hour drive from where I grew up. They have a big variety; looks like a good deal for the rhubarb. If I was there; I'd buy a blueberry, strawberry, the plum, a raspberry....probably a good thing I'm not there.
Right close to Walton, there was a place you could get fresh pressed cider that had just the right amount of sweetness/tanginess.

The strawberry wine-making juice I purchased is fantastic. They hot-pack the juice and label the containers with the acid level, brix, and how much sulfite was added when they sealed it so it is very easy to use their product. The juice is shipped with an appropriate wine yeast (I had to laugh when I got mine because it was the same yeast I had decided I wanted to use). They include someyeast nutrientas well as basic wine-makinginstructions for beginners. I am extremely pleased, even with the high shipping cost ($27 shipping to MI) - the 5 gallon pails are just under 50lbs so it is a lot to ship. BUT - the juice started right up when I pitched the rehydrated yeast and now my whole house smells like fresh strawberries. I am quite sure that this wine will be as good as the batch I made from fresh berries last year, and there is something to be said about not having to spend a whole day picking/hulling that much fruit. I am thinking about making a pilgrimage there next year and buying several pails...

I will be placing my order for a Rhubarb and Riesling tomorrow as they finally have Rhubarb in stock again!

Smurf, Have you tried their Blackberry/Isabella? It is very good as is the Isabella by itself.

Brewgrrrl, Glad to hear that about the strawberry. I also have three gallons going right now to mix with 5 gallons of rhubarb I got at the same time from them.
Wade, I just called Walkers myself this morning. I thought they reopened for pick up Sept. 1 but they said not till at least the third week of September. Watch for there updated prices and availability closer to that time. I was at a produce auction just about an half hour away from there today. The longer I wait for them to open the longer my list is getting. LOL

I have been talking with them via email. Wish they could do credit card but have to resort to check or money order.

Wade said:
I have been talking with them via email. Wish they could do credit card but have to resort to check or money order.

Yeah that sucks and almost always forget about that and have to run to a amt machine when I get near there.

Latest posts

Back