air exposure to wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I even got 3 small decanters that hold 325 ml at a thrift store... Great if you have lots of guests at different ends of the table. (Or a wine-tasting party that's a flop)

The fun thing about thrift stores is is that you never know what you're gonna get when you walk out. Last week, I bought a brand new, use-on-the-stove,teflon wok - never used, still in the packaging - for $3.25. The month before, I got a solid oak chair for 6.50.... I've gotten the most unusual bottles for a quarter too.

smiley1.gif

I still haven't found any carboys or minijets though.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: MedPretzel

Try Amazon.com or ebay. I got one off of Amazon for a good price. Then found one at a thrift store. Then I had enough (and got another one for christmas).
smiley4.gif

They make the world of difference. If you drink the same types of wine I do (reds, as big as I can afford), they open them up BIG TIME. I find after you do it many times, you figure out which ones are better decanted. I would say 75% are better. I was thinking of it for a long time and kick myself I didn't decant sooner.....

You've convinced me! I'm going to take the time from now on to decant more! I even started teaching my son about it tonight!

Latest posts

Back