added Raisins too soon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrupjr

Reaction score
Just bought a Rojo Encantando with Raisins. Realized I added the raisins during the initial fermentation when it said wait 24hrs after adding Yeast.

What problems can i expect if any? Was gonna try and scoop them out but they were all at the bottom (and I was too tired).

Raisins in the primary

SHOULDN'T BE ANY PROBLEM ,IT SEEMS YOUR KIT MFG. WANTS THEM IN IN THE PRIMARY ANYWAY,SO IT SHOULD MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE,THEY JUST WANTED THE YEAST TO GET STARTED FIRST,AT WHAT ABV,OR :trySG DOES YOUR KIT REQUIRE YOU TO BE AT,IN STAGE ONE? OR STAGE2?:d

Thanks, I cant see how dried raisins would have any effect initially as it should take a while for them to rehydrate and start breaking down.

Dont have the directions in front of me, but I was at 1.10 at stage 1

Raisins in the primary

More than that that's not the flavor profile you should be looking for in this wine...kit a open mind and have fun,.....:db

They want you to wait till a good fermentation is underway. The raisins add a lot of sugar to the must and they may be worried that the extra sugar may hamper fermentation starting. I'll bet you are fine. The kit makers want to eliminate any margin for error.

Back