AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on the wine front, I bottled the Dandelion yesterday and the Italian Barolo Bianco also.

20060803_024834_dandelion_bottl.jpg

The Dandelion is in the green bottles, Barolo in the blue. The
Dandelion was strong tasting probably due to the 15% ABV, the Barolo
was nice and smooth.

20060803_025310_dandelion_bottl.jpg

I have the bottles washed and the shrink caps on, will try to label tonight, but need to make pickles first!!

20060803_092923_dandelion_bottl.jpg

WOW!!!!12 cases of pickles....that'almost 3 jars a week till your next harvest...going to be some good eating at your house.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

My oh my, my cucumbers haven't really done much this year except bloom. I have yet to see a cuke.

smiley5.gif

MedPretzel said:
My oh my, my cucumbers haven't really done much this year except bloom.  I have yet to see a cuke.

smiley5.gif

I'm having the same problem with the winter squash, seems it's all male blossoms...There are hundreds of big yellow flowers out there and not many squash....
Wonder if anyone [Martina ?] has made Squash Blossom Flower wine???
Know for sure that the flowers are good with Tempura batter and deep fried....
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

<center>
logosmal.jpg
<h1>David Rosengarten's Basic Tiramisu</h1></center>

<hr size="8">
<blockquote>

This recipe is from the TV Food Network, specifically from David Rosengarten's Taste
program. Check out the show. It's highly entertaining, Rosengarten's a
wonderful host, and you'll learn a lot about food. This recipe makes 12
servings.

Ingredients

<ul><lh></lh>[*]EGGS, 8, with yolks and whites separated[*]SUGAR, 1/3 cup[*]MASCARPONE, 1 pound[*]HEAVY CREAM, 1 cup[*]ESPRESSO COFFEE, 2 cups cooled[*]BRANDY, 2/3 cup[*]LADY FINGERS, 30[*]BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, 2 ounces grated[*]COCOA POWDER, Dutch process, sifted, for garnish[/list]

Directions
  1. <lh></lh>
  2. Mix the sugar into the egg yolks, blending well.
  3. Add a little Mascarpone at a time to the egg yolk mixture, and mix until smooth. Set aside.
  4. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set this aside as well.
  5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
  6. Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites.
  7. Spread about 1/3 of the cream mixture of a 4-6 quart glass baking dish or serving bowl.
  8. Place expresso coffee in a large mixing bowl, and combine with the brandy.
  9. Dip a lady finger into the expresso, lay it in baking dish on cream mixture.
  10. Top with grated chocolate.
  11. Continue in this manner, laying lady fingers side by side to cover the bottom.
  12. Place another 1/3 of cream mixture on top of soaked lady fingers.
  13. Cover this with another layer of expresso-soaked lady fingers.
  14. Top with remaining cream mixture and grated chocolate.
  15. Dust final layer with grated chocolate and cocoa powder.
  16. Chill 2 hours to set.
</blockquote>

I've been informed those aren't Lady Fingers, I looked but couldn't
find any, anyone know what a lady finger is, I need to perfect my
recipe...lol

AAASTINKIE said:
I've been informed those aren't Lady Fingers, I looked but couldn't
find any, anyone know what a lady finger is, I need to perfect my
recipe...lol

Lady fingers are shaped like the cookies you used, but are very light and flaky, like a shortbread.... They are harder to find...
smiley1.gif

peterCooper said:
I thought Lady's Fingers were okra!!

Lady's fingers is another name for okra. This name only dates back to the early 20th century, and originally applied to a small variety of okra.The kidney vetch, with small thin flowers said to resemble a small hand, originally held claim to the name 'lady's fingers' (17th century), but in the late 19th century the name was also applied to varieties of potatoes, apples, bananas and grapes. Most have gone by the wayside, but the 'lady's fingers' name is still associated with okra, and of course, ladyfingers as applied to a small finger shaped sponge cake.

Welches White Niagara 100% juice

18 cans concentrate

pectic enzyme (per dosage on package)

acid blend 4 TBS

yeast nutrient (per dosage on package)

yeast energizer (per dosage on package)

water to 23 ltr.

yeast 1 pkg (I used lavin 1116)

6 days rack to secondary

15 days (total) stablize and fine

campden 6 tabs

sorbate 1 1/2 tsp

superklear 1 pkg.

30 days filter and bottle

campden 6 tabs

31 bottles 11% ABV

Good taste at bottling time.

20060805_125719_white_niagara_0.jpg

20060805_125934_white_niagara_0.jpg

They're too busy smiling at each other and being silly!
smiley2.gif

I too haven't gotten much for cukes or squash! Friend in Grand Forks couldn't figure out why he wasn't getting pumpkins with all the flowers on the vine. I had to have that little "talk" with him about males and females. I think he has 1 pumpkin that finally starting. Pathetic year for any kind of squash or melon.

Latest posts

Back