A little press I bought.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddphilip

Junior
Reaction score
Not even knowing yet what variety of grape I'm growing (see http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f21/hi-ct-help-31366/ ), I stumbled across this press and had to be it's new owner. It's small, but there's only so many grapes and a good amount of other fruit on the property.

Do you think it will be a pain to turn when it's full? The handle mcbobber seems skimpy. Any wise suggestions? I bet there are.

468432_3032053010877_1549446618_31953343_880860662_o.jpg

Looks fine to me, if you need more torque from it you can just put a pipe over the handle. I do that on my water filter wrench handle as it likes to get stuck after being on for awhile!

The only problem is that you have to go slow as the channel for juice collection will overflow easily. I also clamp mine to the table on an angle because the juice will tend to run back under it because of the watythe spout is.

That guy will work just fine. Unless you make a lot of wine (and have the bucks), a small press will do the job and store away easily.

Latest posts

Back