WineXpert 7-21-28 versus 5-20-50-90

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in trouble if I can't even figure out which instructions to use! I will contact WinExpert today and get back to you. In the interim Ill explain what I did. I went to WinExpert's link for instructions for Selection Original and Selection International Premium kits. Those instructions say primary is 5-7 days, secondary 8-10 days, racking and clarification 14 days. To me that makes it a 28 day kit, but I'm a novice and obviously missing something. Here's the link to the instructions:

http://www.winexpert.com/images/Orig_Intl_Inst_Sept2011_Eng.pdf

Tony P
Tony:

What is online could be out-of-date (I got burned by this a month or two ago). Why aren't you following the instructions that came with the kit?

Steve

Just remember those instructions are guidelines as to what should happen at each step but rather than follow the days you could follow the Hydrometer readings that you should take at each step.

While you have a less expensive 28 day kit, I would follow Wades advise and add some bulk aging after you stabilising, degas, and clear. Rack your wine into a clean carboy and let it age. Even as little as 30 days will improve your wine but shoot for longer if you can wait.

Back