40,000 bottles of wine on the wall

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats crazy! I have 300 commercial and probably 500 of my own. Even if I never made another bottle thats probably more than enough to last a lifetime. My friends are happy to oblige and take some of those extra ones off my hands thank goodness!

Ok I think that post just made me realize I drink way too much it seems like. :dg

Nah.

So I go through about 3 to 4 bottles a week. Lets say 4 because there are summer and beach days that raise the average just a little. :d I cannot drink beer so wine it is. 800/4 = 200 weeks or about 4 years of wine.

Thats crazy! I have 300 commercial and probably 500 of my own. Even if I never made another bottle thats probably more than enough to last a lifetime. My friends are happy to oblige and take some of those extra ones off my hands thank goodness!

Stuart I misread your response at first and thought you said 3 to 4 cases a week! Now that would seriously compromise the liver!

I don't get it. First off I'm sure a percentage of that wine is no good anymore. He doesn't want to drink it or sell it. What's the point? Unless if they do a wine tasting of at least one bottle from each variety/vintage they'll never really know the true value of it. I have gone through several very large collections of commercial wine's that came from the East Coast, West Coast and France. Most of it was good but there was also some bad. This wine was 10-30 years old.

Back