2011 Corrado's Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never been to Corrados can I bring my own wine that I entered into competition to drink is that aloud at the venetion???????????
Carmine

I do not think that anybody does this. At the bar, though, they do have the portions of the entires not consumed by the judges. That, in itself is fun. You can try most varieties, and the finalists are marked.

I agree with you John. Take advantage of the fact that there will be more wines then that could possibly consumed. So many more varieties then you have tried. Take notes on what you like so you can experiment next fall yourself. Wish I could be there. Have fun and good luck!

It's also fun to see if you can find your own wine among the hundreds of bottles there!! If you did bring your own I don't think anyone would notice, I do see alot of tables with bottles on them so how would they know where it came from!
Have a great time and best of luck.
Dave

I do not think that anybody does this. At the bar, though, they do have the portions of the entires not consumed by the judges. That, in itself is fun. You can try most varieties, and the finalists are marked.

I called corados they told me you can bring your own wine . But its like bringing sand to the beach.
Carmine

Ya know it's like saying you won't like any of the wine entries. I'm sure you will find GREAT wines there. Like above kinda silly to bring your own.

John, Good luck to you and everyone else that entered. I did get a sneak preview of your medal. Wear it with pride!

welches.gif

Dan, that was a good one. Enjoy your new medals John, they do look better than the Indy medals....Ha Ha Ha.

See you tomorrow night.

Dave

Congrates to JohnT and Wine-o also to my brother Carmine who also won a medal.Way to go bro.:try

Congrats you guys!!!!! Carmine, what wine did you wine with?

I had 3 wines that made it into the competition 1 won a bronz medal it was my 2008 cab, merlot and syrha blend it was nice to meet john he won a few medals. Great night at the event corrados sure knows how to throw an awards dinner great night
Carmine

Well folks, The competition was last Friday and boy did we have a great time. As is typical at this event, the food was great and everyone had a fantastic time. Jimmy Corrado sure knows how to throw a party!.

I found that the judging this year was rather tight. I believe that less than 100 medals were awarded out of some 800 - 1000 entries.

It was great to finally meet both carmine and wine-o (both were medal winners). Guys, what did you end up winning for?

I had entered only 8 wines. 4 wines made the finals and I ended up winning 2 silver (2010 chillean and 2009 brunello).

Well folks, The competition was last Friday and boy did we have a great time. As is typical at this event, the food was great and everyone had a fantastic time. Jimmy Corrado sure knows how to throw a party!.

I found that the judging this year was rather tight. I believe that less than 100 medals were awarded out of some 800 - 1000 entries.

It was great to finally meet both carmine and wine-o (both were medal winners). Guys, what did you end up winning for?

I had entered only 8 wines. 4 wines made the finals and I ended up winning 2 silver (2010 chillean and 2009 brunello).

I entered 3 wines that made it thru the competition my 2008 cab , merlot and shyra blend won a bronz i was happy to make it thru the competition

Hey JohnT,very impressive with the chilean wine being only 6 months old,what kind of wine was it?

Latest posts

Back