RJ Spagnols 1st Kit Made!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and now its bottled. Summary: 3 week primary fermentation using 1/2 of the F-Pack up front. After adding the last 1/2 of the F-Pack and clarifying, I bulk aged for 4 weeks. Yesterday: BOTTLED! Its tasty. Again, it isn't to my style regarding wines but for a nice warm day patio pounder...its a winner. Id say using half of the F-Pack reduced this wine from being classified as a sweet wine to the level almost smack dab in between off-sweet and off-dry. Now we move on to the good stuff, the Cru Select French Viognier kit. Im ready to rock.:sm

...and now its bottled. Summary: 3 week primary fermentation using 1/2 of the F-Pack up front. After adding the last 1/2 of the F-Pack and clarifying, I bulk aged for 4 weeks. Yesterday: BOTTLED! Its tasty. Again, it isn't to my style regarding wines but for a nice warm day patio pounder...its a winner. Id say using half of the F-Pack reduced this wine from being classified as a sweet wine to the level almost smack dab in between off-sweet and off-dry. Now we move on to the good stuff, the Cru Select French Viognier kit. Im ready to rock.:sm

Good stuff! Thanks for letting us know. I'm looking forward to mine as well.

congrats! Just beware, making wine can be an addiction. I make so much now, I have to sell it! LOL

That is my fear. Im an all grain brewer and I brew 2 6 gallons batches per month on average...throwing wine kits in the mix just turned my basement into a mad scientist's lab!

That is my fear. Im an all grain brewer and I brew 2 6 gallons batches per month on average...throwing wine kits in the mix just turned my basement into a mad scientist's lab!

roflmao....sounds like my kitchen area.....carboys, bottle tree, bottles, equipment and buckets taking over....lol...

g8keeper said:
roflmao....sounds like my kitchen area.....carboys, bottle tree, bottles, equipment and buckets taking over....lol...

I hear you g8keeper! The wife might have me buy my own house soon!!

Back