10 gallons down the drain

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of some people putting a little vodka in the airlock to stop them from becoming a bacteria house.

Olousteebus..
SO2 degrades over time. I say you might yet still have hope.

Yep. Cheap Vodka in airlocks has worked best for me.
It is also great to use in a small spray bottle to sanitize bungs and hoses and surfaces.

i got 5 gallons of chardonnay that i got from alexanders wine juice in the fall
i did all the check for PH TA AND SO2 ..the wine tasted good and smell good is actually a good wine but is turning light brown ......i did not filter and is still cloudy for now i did a cold stabelizing and check the so2 again
i like someone to tell me what is wrong ..like i said the wine tasted very good and smell good
thank you

I really don't know what to do for this, but if you start a new post with it, more people will probably get a look at it and give you some help. A lot of us have already read this post and tend not to go back to it. Good luck with it, Arne.

glycerin and the airlock

:d Glycerin, can be used in the airlock the evaporation minimal . Try if you are away from your vessels for long time . This is a trick you should use. :wyE

Latest posts

Back