2016 Season is upon us!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got an email from the vineyard manager of a local professionally cared for vineyard and said to be ready for your grapes next week. Say what, already? No brix countdown? But being the home winemaker with access to some great fruit, I say ok, when do you want my macro bins and I take a day off of work.

So jealous! I have to grow my own and in north ga the fruit could never touch CA. I'm lucky just to get a harvest. What varieties?

Lets-Get-Ready-to-Rumble.jpg

So jealous! I have to grow my own and in north ga the fruit could never touch CA. I'm lucky just to get a harvest. What varieties?

@4Score and I are doing a ton of Grenache and a ton of Syrah from the same vineyard. They are saying the Grenache is close. Also trying a Chardonnay; 900 lbs with @4Score and @BusaBill

Wow, verasion has just started here and nets go on this weekend. You are ahead!

Blichman recommends that you press with the the cap intact. I've pressed this way with my Blichman and have better yields then pressing right after punching down the cap.

I have the exact opposite problem. LOL

How old are this vines? Did you plant them or did they come with the place?

Always important to have plenty of ice jugs here in the hot fermentation months!

Back