Take a stand against scum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, It was only a matter of time.

They finally got to me. I received an automated call that the IRS was coming to my house in 15 minutes, unless I wire transfer $3,000. These are scammers that feed off of senior citizens that might not know better.

Total scam.

I heard about this over the radio. The radio DJs suggested that whenever someone receives a call like this, you should publish the phone number and attempt to get as many people to call. When a real person picks up, calmly and slowly abuse the heck out of them. Tell them that they are scum, that you called the police, that they are evil and God will exact his revenge on them.

If they hang up, don't be discouraged. Simply call them back again and again. The object is to occupy as much of their time and harass them as much as possible.

Here are the numbers. I received 5 call todays from those pieces of human garbage.
It could be fun. Call them, abuse them, then post your experience!!!

484-224-6036
and
206-494-0741

I am about to do this and will let you know how funny it was

Last edited:
I called them. Man was that fun!

Before calling, I registered the number with the FTC and the IRS.

I told them that and also told them that God will get them over and over.
They hung up, I called back, they hung up, and I called back again.

Each time I called, I got the same low life.

Finally, this scum called me a dirty name. I told him to expect more calls!!

What good sport this is!

You gotta hope that the scammers were not sophisticated enough to use some poor innocent's phone number as their caller ID... There was a story on NPR about a scammer whose caller ID was the number of the fellow who was being called... ::

Bernard is right. You can spoof your Caller ID if you know what you're doing. Just like you can spoof your email address. Of course the creation of SPF and DKIM records were created to help protect against email spoofing.

Back in the not too distance past I was bombed with those $200.00 cruise ship faxes, sometimes 3&4 a day. I got ticked off and started collecting them....scotch taped a bunch into a long string and refaxed back to their number...asap I taped the two end together forming an endless looping fax.

I got a call the next day about wasting THEIR fax toner and paper. So, I did it again the next night too! Yes....it was fun. No, I have never received another one! Now it all email crap.

shoot,,,, I done won 9 trips to the Bahama's just this year,, ask twice for more info about my accounts, I said I thought you already had my info, 2 years ago while spending 5 months in SICU then 4 months in ICU and 2 more months in recovery, by that time hackers had nailed me for over $8000, the lady at the credit card said if I said I'd lost my card then they wouldn't make me pay, told her I was to old to start lying now, I paid a sum of money to find that hacker,, HONG KONG,, like f@#k me a running, ole well.....
dawg,,

You gotta hope that the scammers were not sophisticated enough to use some poor innocent's phone number as their caller ID... There was a story on NPR about a scammer whose caller ID was the number of the fellow who was being called... ::

Bernard is right. You can spoof your Caller ID if you know what you're doing. Just like you can spoof your email address. Of course the creation of SPF and DKIM records were created to help protect against email spoofing.

party poopers!!! I was liking the idea of calling that number but you guys had to bring common sense into it!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoot,,,, I done won 9 trips to the Bahama's just this year,, ask twice for more info about my accounts, I said I thought you already had my info, 2 years ago while spending 5 months in SICU then 4 months in ICU and 2 more months in recovery, by that time hackers had nailed me for over $8000, the lady at the credit card said if I said I'd lost my card then they wouldn't make me pay, told her I was to old to start lying now, I paid a sum of money to find that hacker,, HONG KONG,, like f@#k me a running, ole well.....
dawg,,

Sorry but I'm not understanding this. If your card is hacked, the bank pays. You do not have to say your card was stolen. I think you better cancel that card.

I just make sounds similar to words but not, they get embarrassed and confused ,I keep talking like I want to share, they feel sorry for me I think, and hang up. I answer with el woe, el woe,... once I know it's them the game is on..
My wife thinks it's so funny.

cap one, don't know what pa, is, but that's what they said and done, and that's what I paid minus $500,,,, but ole well, an as I said it was 11 months before I knew this had happened,,,
dawg

Sorry but I'm not understanding this. If your card is hacked, the bank pays. You do not have to say your card was stolen. I think you better cancel that card.

Last edited:
and it was my computer that was hacked, ya know the place I kept my records and paid card by online from said computer by automatic pay
dawg

and

I refuse to do ANY automatic drafts.....ticks off the electric company, the cable company, the phone company...don't care, don't trust it, don't do it, and ain't never gonna do it. Wife and I had a MAJOR blowout when I found out she had a debit card...she no longer has a debit card. Hack a debit card and they can drain your accounts and it's all on you. Yes, I am paranoid.

yep I admit I wished to be as smart as you, and yes now bills no longer even come my way, it all started by hay go paperless an save a tree, to heck with that tree, they cost way to much, I WISH SO MUCH TO HAVE DONE AS YOU MSMOST.. not a mistake I will do again, plus I stopped over draft, any any unusual charges sent for my ok, only problem, is I buy my hot peppers from overseas, as well as many other things but now I have no problem when I pay my card locks down an I phone to complete my transaction, gawd did I say I wish I had taken the route as you msmost
dawg:(

I refuse to do ANY automatic drafts.....ticks off the electric company, the cable company, the phone company...don't care, don't trust it, don't do it, and ain't never gonna do it. Wife and I had a MAJOR blowout when I found out she had a debit card...she no longer has a debit card. Hack a debit card and they can drain your accounts and it's all on you. Yes, I am paranoid.

cap one, don't know what pa, is, but that's what they said and done, and that's what I paid minus $500,,,, but ole well, an as I said it was 11 months before I knew this had happened,,,
dawg

Since it was 11 months before you were able to notice, that I understand and I see why they said you need to say your card was stolen.

Lol, I keep no passwords on my computer. They are written down and locked in the safe.

I feel bad for your wife! I do not know of any bank in the US that is not covered under FDIC and credit unions that are not covered under NCUSIF.

oh don't you think I wish I had been that smart,
auto pay = Ka-Boom to my own head, they say live and learn,
but it seems I didn't learn till a little late, an by saying a little late I'm giving myself a break,, lol, I was truly late,,, seems like all ya'll had that figured out before it happened, as yep never again auto pay,,,
dawg:h

oh
Since it was 11 months before you were able to notice, that I understand and I see why they said you need to say your card was stolen.

Lol, I keep no passwords on my computer. They are written down and locked in the safe.

The thing here is that the automated phone message gave me these numbers to call back. When I did call, the scammer on the other end went right into his act. I have no doubt that I harasses a piece of human filth!

I feel bad for your wife! I do not know of any bank in the US that is not covered under FDIC and credit unions that are not covered under NCUSIF.

That's what our bank said too! But we have friends that it's happened too and it is a major hassle. Just use the credit card, it gets hacked and it has, we are out 50 bucks tops...and I get "free" Cabelas points to shop with...just write one check at the end of the month. Heck....even Visa wants us to go paperless! Nope.

What gets me about these scumbags...the law very seldom even attempts to go after them...the ones who do get caught are the dumb ones who actually got caught "in the act" at a store. The card companies and banks just view it as a cost of doing business.

Latest posts

Back