Move to XenForo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Reaction score
We are running on a VERY old version of vBulletin, it's version 3, vBulletin is running on 5 but most people have jumped ship to XenForo ....

Here is their default install: https://xenforo.com/community/

We don't need to move, but thought I would throw that out there, it has more bells and whistles, it has a responsive theme so it caters to your screen size, etc.

Don't remember what engine this other forum I use is based on, but let me tell you that the response time is SUPER fast and I Love the private messages because instead of what this site does, it keeps the PM exchange with another member as a conversation, sort of like a chat which seems to post your message instantaneously versus you sending a PM and waiting for the browser to serve the request.

It also has lots of more "smiles".

Looks like if you move to XenForo it will be a big plus for this site.
Thanks,

Yea I'm pretty sure xF does the conversation PM, it also allows you to exchange photos in PM.

That is great Tx, thanks for keeping an eye on that, a face refresh on WMT would be welcomed.

I have to agree that this site is past due for an upgrade. More bells and whistles will make this site that much more attractive and enjoyable.

One consideration: Will the links in the old posts be broken upon making such a change? It may not be a show-stopper, but it is a consideration. Perhaps vBulletin 5, if it were to preserve links, may be a better choice?

Latest posts

Back