take it on the chin saturday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
we all have them.. saturdays that cost a small fortune..

here is how it played out...

went to the auto shop to get a $20 oil change.. turns out i needed 4 new tires, brake work, and a full allignment.. bill came to $1,200.00.

time has come where my old eye glasses needed to be replaced.. bill came to $650.00

shoped for groceries for the week and also tomorrow superbowl party. total came to $258.00.

total for the day... $2,108.00... I feel like i could have funded a small country! sheeeeeeeeesh and ooooouch!

need to open a nice bottle and relax!

I had a 2010 JK Unlimited and it needed four new tires, it was going to cost roughly $1500, so what did I do? traded it in on a 2016 JK Unlimited! :) so instead of spending $1500, I go into debt for $30,000!

Opening that bottle of win tonight in front of fire,
Priceless!
Sorry the day was an expensive one John.

Steve

I have vision insurance through my employer (VSP) at no cost. Get an eye exam and either contacts or frames each year up to $110 max. I go to Costco and either get contacts or a new frame and lenses every few years. I know the frame and lenses are only like $250 before the insurance and that is with no line bi-focals!

we all have them.. saturdays that cost a small fortune..

total for the day... $2,108.00... I feel like i could have funded a small country! sheeeeeeeeesh and ooooouch!

need to open a nice bottle and relax!

John, at least the wine was relatively inexpensive. :slp

Sorry, mi amigo.

i failed to mention that all of this took 4 hours of my life that i will never get back...

seriously, that comes to $527 per hour... who makes that??!!

time for another glass.... my 2014 cab is awesome.

Try zenni online for glasses they make some cheap so you can have a spare. Costco is also a good option

Ouch, that was an expensive outing, but look at all the money you saved on wine! I use eyebuydirect.com. My last pair of prescription glasses was less than $40 delivered, although that was a few years ago, but still wearing the glasses today.

Thats crazy!

I just looked at my receipt from Costco from 6 mo ago.

Perry Ellis Frame: $49.99
No line progressive bifocals : $124.99
Tax $12.25

Total $187.23

less

Vision Insurance:$110

Total OOP: $77.23

056BA054.JPG

I just ordered a pair last week. Progressive lenses. $625 before insurance kicked in. Ended up putting $425+ on my FSA card. At least the exam was covered in full.

I had a 2010 JK Unlimited and it needed four new tires, it was going to cost roughly $1500, so what did I do? traded it in on a 2016 JK Unlimited! :) so instead of spending $1500, I go into debt for $30,000!

BUT,,,,,, it came with new tires:db

Yea, I know, crazy.

Last pair has lasted 10 years, titanium frames. Will be putting some plain jane non-bifocal lenses in those for doing yard work and as a backup. My prescription is so severe that even with the ultra compressed lenses I can legally use them as protective eye wear in an industrial setting. One good thing is that my distance eyesight is improving.

Just have to worry about my tension, went up 5 points in 10 years. Here come the prescription eye drops...

i failed to mention that all of this took 4 hours of my life that i will never get back...

seriously, that comes to $527 per hour... who makes that??!!

time for another glass.... my 2014 cab is awesome.

Put new tires on my car recently. Waiting for a deal online. After install I was around 350. Brakes I am assuming were pads and rotors....run you around 150 for everything. Alignment is 70 bucks around here. So in reality you are looking at 600 for labor. Now you paid retail for the tires so you were probably in it for 600-750 in tires. Which puts labor much lower into the 75-100 range/hr which is a pretty normal rate for shops.

Yea, I know, crazy.

Last pair has lasted 10 years, titanium frames. Will be putting some plain jane non-bifocal lenses in those for doing yard work and as a backup. My prescription is so severe that even with the ultra compressed lenses I can legally use them as protective eye wear in an industrial setting. One good thing is that my distance eyesight is improving.

Just have to worry about my tension, went up 5 points in 10 years. Here come the prescription eye drops...

have you checked to see if you are a candidate for Lasic eye surgery? My eyes used to be so bad, if I took off my glasses I could be declared legally blind. Life without glasses is wonderful. I figure it took about 7 years of not buying glasses or contacts to break even on the cost. Walking with a spring rain falling on your face and still being able to see where you're going....priceless.

have you checked to see if you are a candidate for Lasic eye surgery? My eyes used to be so bad, if I took off my glasses I could be declared legally blind. Life without glasses is wonderful. I figure it took about 7 years of not buying glasses or contacts to break even on the cost. Walking with a spring rain falling on your face and still being able to see where you're going....priceless.

I've been told I might as well wait for the cataract surgery I'll eventually have to have, they run in my family.

I've been told I might as well wait for the cataract surgery I'll eventually have to have, they run in my family.

My Dad had that and they put in whole new lenses...said he should have had it done 20 years ago!

Back