it's so funny

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to say, it's funny,

folks down south have pity on us Yankees. Yankees have pity on us from new jersey, but if you ever drained a bottle of the good stuff, then watched a Bruce Springsteen concert, it is US that pities everybody else....

Last edited:
Curious, what was in that good bottle you just drained? I think I want some of that!

My 2012 cab. Already a classic! Had a nice shell steak dinner on the side.

any time you're close by creeaton, just let me know....I'll show you'se some real Jersey hospitality!

My 2012 cab. Already a classic! Had a nice shell steak dinner on the side.

any time you're close by creeaton, just let me know....I'll show you'se some real Jersey hospitality!

Exit 43, is that North or South Jersey? Went to school with lot's of Jersy-ites and got to travel much of the State, but I hate to admit it, that was a very long time ago.

Maybe I can make something worthy of trading you for one of those classics. If I stick on this forum, that is always a possibility, especially with winemakers like yourself helping the new crop of young winemakers learn how to do it right (young in winemaking experience, not years on this planet). Thank you for all of your time and help.

Exit 43, is that North or South Jersey? Went to school with lot's of Jersy-ites and got to travel much of the State, but I hate to admit it, that was a very long time ago.

Maybe I can make something worthy of trading you for one of those classics. If I stick on this forum, that is always a possibility, especially with winemakers like yourself helping the new crop of young winemakers learn how to do it right (young in winemaking experience, not years on this planet). Thank you for all of your time and help.

There is no feeling in the world that is better than doing a little sippin of the good stuff out on the deck on a Friday night. A hard week is over, and you have the whole weekend ahead of you.....

It is my mission to bring that level of contentment to the masses...

Can I get an AMEN????

This is South Jersey.... But just barely. =)

Last edited:
My roommate freshman year of college was from Morristown. My roommate Junior/Senior year was from Parsippany (exit 47). I think more than half the population at Dickinson was from NJ. My roommate once explained that PA is a great place to go to college because there is nothing to do, so you can concentrate on studying.

Got to say, it's funny,

folks down south have pity on us Yankees. Yankees have pity on us from new jersey, but if you ever drained a bottle of the good stuff, then watched a Bruce Springsteen concert, it is US that pities everybody else....

my college roommate was from clifton Nj, or Spring gardern NJ. I forget the name and the exit, but there was a lake and and people pumped your gas for you!

I dont pity those from Jersey, they are living rightfully in NY shadow!!!!

Some more Jersey guys, Bruce & Trey
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXA8NLsXdoc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXA8NLsXdoc[/ame]

my college roommate was from clifton Nj, or Spring gardern NJ. I forget the name and the exit, but there was a lake and and people pumped your gas for you!

I dont pity those from Jersey, they are living rightfully in NY shadow!!!!

Yup, It is against the law to pump your own gas in New Jersey yet our gas prices are lower than most places...

Shadow??? The Statue of Liberty stands in front of New Jersey, "New York, New York" was sung by a guy from New Jersey, and all of the New York football teams play in New Jersey.

:)

I grew up in the town next to Clifton... Nutley, NJ.

Yup, It is against the law to pump your own gas in New Jersey yet our gas prices are lower than most places...

Shadow??? The Statue of Liberty stands in front of New Jersey, "New York, New York" was sung by a guy from New Jersey, and all of the New York football teams play in New Jersey.

:)

New York, New York was composed by a guy from Kansas City, Missouri, but the lyrics were written by a guy from Manhattan. And it should be noted that the song was written for the Movie New York, New York, which was directed by Queens own Martin Scorsese, who has made 2 out of the 3 best mob movie ever!
But I digress

You forgot the Buffalo Bills!
Last I checked Brooklyn stole your basketball team (if you follow NBA) and you have no baseball team.

And finally I believe it is illegal to make a left turn in Jersey, you have to go right to go left.

So maybe NJ is no in NY's shadow, but more like a little brother.

So maybe NJ is no in NY's shadow, but more like a little brother.

You know, I like both of you guys. I have posted this map before. "A" is John's location, and "B" is Elmer'. You be the judge:

halfmoon.jpg

I know, I know, I know.
But I would not expect to someone from Milwakee, WI, Birthplace of Schlitz to understand the friendly contempt and rivalry NY and NJ has.
But it is all good!

https://goo.gl/maps/8Y1oC

Ahh, but you forget that I am a Philly native, and lived in NY (Long Island) for 5 years! I capiche, mon ami!

Fun trivia question: What was the LAST state to get a VHF television station?

Back in college I had a creative writing prof from Jersey who was a huge Springsteen fan. I said I didn't get it. He said, you will. And it will grow on you the older you get (he was about 35 at the time; I was 20).

After graduation, I finally did get it with a vengeance. Caught him on the Born in the USA tour in Hampton, Va. I have not to this day seen a performer who could project from the stage as well as Bruce. It was a 25,000 audience, and it seemed like he was singing to me personally. Today, I still get it. Almost every song has new layers of meaning the older I get. Plus, I like his newer stuff, too. I have tons of Bruce on vinyl, and also on CD.

Special story for JohnT but everyone can read it, LOL:

I worked with a guy named Bud who is now a friend, too. Bud was a Pa. college student when Springsteen came through town. This was the Born version of the band, the originals. Turns out my friend got backstage to party with the band and ended up befriending them all. They had a layover and partied there for like 3 days.

At the end of that, Springsteen came over and put his arm around Bud and said, "Hey man, we like you a lot. Why don't you come on the road with us for the next few gigs?"

And Bud never missed a lick. He said, "Gee, I'd really like to, but I have to stay here and study. I have finals coming up."

I really do try to bring that quote up to him as often as possible. :)

Last edited:
Back