currant grape wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corinth

Reaction score
This is a follow up question from one of my previous posts. I have made wine from my currant grapes which grow in my backyard(they were in my yard before I was and did not know what they were until looking at many pictures and comparing the leaf structure)When looking for a wine that lists currant on the label, what I usually find is Currant berries. What am I missing here? Should a wine sold at wine stores or elsewhere say currant wine made from currant grapes or will it say something else that does not contain the word currant somewhere in the label.
Thank You

I have never heard of currant grapes. I have some currant bushes in the backyard. They are a small berry and make a good wine. Sorry I can't help you more. Arne.

I have never heard of currant grapes. I have some currant bushes in the backyard. They are a small berry and make a good wine. Sorry I can't help you more. Arne.

I also had currant berry bushes and have never heard of currant grapes.
Did these currants grow on a vine or a bush?

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we have a ballgame and I can start looking up some stuff.

Thanks Sour_grapes!

Thanks Sour_grapes.
It is a very interesting read. Thank you so much. Considering all the things that are mentioned can befall this type of grape. I guess I have lucked out! It was already here when I bought the house and we for years just ate them seeds and all...smothies, frozen grapes, etc. and then one day , actually several years after I retired...well, here I am on this forum.

Again thank you!

Back