BEWARE ON EBAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Just a little warning to all. Another Forum member and myself purchased the Chocolate Raspberry Port Kit from a buyer called "buyd".

The other Forum member nor myself have received this kit as yet.

I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about this purchase right now.

Please, everyone, be careful.

Will keep you posted on the whereabouts of my Port Kit and my money!!

You will probably get it, that shipper is very slow to ship, my guess is they don't have the items on hand, there shipping time rating reflects this. They do have pretty good feedback overall.

I order quite a few things from Ebay and most of the stuff does take awhile to get here but it always comes.

I also ordered this kit last week. Got tired reading the thread on Chocolate Raspberry Port & "have" to experence it myself
smiley36.gif
. He does have a high positive feedback. I would not get toconcerned unless two or more weeks have passed.

Well, I was the other buyer that uavwmn had mentioned, and I made my purchase on 12/29. Its not so much that I haven't gotten it yet, as the fact that I've tried contacting the seller to see when it would ship and they haven't replied. The only thing keeping me in my seat is his feedback rating.

the seller is actually buyd123, and the auction claims they usually ship 4 days after payment clears. I find it pretty cool they say if you don't like the product, you can keep it and get a full no questions asked refund. Hope you both get the wine soon.

Call off the dogs, at 12:40 this afternoon, the Chocolate Raspberry Port has officially arrived.
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: myway22

WOO HOO MyWay!!!!! Let the process begin!!

Woof Woof........back Fido.....back!!!
smiley36.gif

The only thing I would do different from the instructions on this kit is with the Chaptalization. I would not add it all at once but slowly add it day by day as mine got stuck around 1.020. I didnt mind though as it worked out well as I do like some of my wines sweeter. Ive read a lot of posts that this kit tends to die out way before it hits its specified SG, Most people dont reach that but a few have.

myway, Glad you got your Port. Ordered mine last week so i will be a few weeks behind.

wade, thanks for the tip on adding the Chaptalization. I appreciate your post along with the rest of the Wine making Pros on this board.

rem u still waitting for your port? my father orderd one on 1-6 and still hasnt heard from him. anyone else get theres yet?

It took almost three weeks, but I did get mine. As far as hearing from the seller, good luck. I thought for sure there was going to be a problem cause I tried contacting him and got no response, but I did get mine close to the 3 week point. Also ordered the carboy from him and received that as well. So just sit tight, I was in the same frame of mind that you are, but he did come through.

ace: Have not received my port or 3 gal. carboy yet. Ordered both on 1/10/08. Will wait 3 weeks & see what happens per myway's post.
Guess we all wish we could have ordered this from George. A learning experence for me.

I told you, the guy is a little mysterious, but at least he came through. Enjoy!

Ace, you will not here from this guy no matter how many emails you send.
Mine took 3 weeks to get here. I am not overly impressed with communication (lack of) or delivery time from this person.
Personnally, I will not buy from him again. I hope everyone gets their kit and enjoys making their wine.
smiley4.gif

Wade, I am starting my Port this weekend. Any advice for this kit in the beginning stages? I have cut and pasted your post on the chapitazation (sp) and will go by your past experience.
Thanks.

Back