wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I really need a wine rack soon but the pictures that george has in the store re way too small and all look like the same
photo to me.
I was going to build one but lost the thread about the one made from one sheet of 3/4 in plywood.

Anyone have photos of georges racks in your home?? or does anyone have the link for the thread with rthe plywood rack plans?????Edited by: scotty

Northern Winos said:
Scotty....Is this the one...?

http://hometown.aol.ca/bperez/winerack/Wine_Rack_Plan.pdf[/QUOTE]

Yes thats it. Thanks so much.
smiley27.gif
smiley1.gif

Has anyone built this design before? I'd be concerned about it bowing in the middle when it is loaded with full bottles. This could be easily solved by cutting another piece identical to the two end pieces and putting it in the middle of the span, so you'll have three vertical legs to attach the long horizontal cross supports to.

Just a suggestion..

GrapeApe.

GrapeApe said:
Has anyone built this design before? I'd be concerned about it bowing in the middle when it is loaded with full bottles. This could be easily solved by cutting another piece identical to the two end pieces and putting it in the middle of the span, so you'll have three vertical legs to attach the long horizontal cross supports to.

Just a suggestion..

GrapeApe.

Sounds good
smiley1.gif
Good thinking for a gorilla
smiley36.gif
Edited by: scotty

Here is the rack you ask about.

http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2483&KW=winerack&PID=33426#33426

No it does not sag at all in the middle. The ladders are made such that they can take a lot of weight. I have a couple more pictures somewhere. I'll see if I can find them later.

Easy to build. I used pocket screws so I don't worry about it coming apart. Just drill the back slat on the top and screw it to the wall. It will never tip over. I have had one full for a year and a half, no deflection of the ladders. The nice thing about it is that you can modify the plans to suit your needs and available space.

boy this is encouraging.
I already have one of my biker buddies ready to cut the wood for me. My 6 month old sangeovese helped a bit too.The sangeovese kit showed me how much better these kit wines are than the frozen juice things that i have been fooling with.

20070313_152817_100_0075.jpg
Here is a wine Rack that my hubby made , next month it will be full of bottles. holds aprox 125 bottles............. 44 " x 44" . He saw a pict on a web site and decided he can make it cheaper..... costs us nothing,,,, had the wood left over from shelves we tore down . He sanded so they looked distressed Edited by: Ippymiss

20070313_152936_100_0076.jpg
another view....... I cant seem to get two picts in one post! Saw the rack at the http://www.winerackstore.comEdited by: Ippymiss

Is that really a RedNeck Flag?????

A fishing Calendar???????

And wine............................

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

yes!..... he had to move the guns and the deer head out of the picture. He is one redneck!........ I did post a pict of deer racks around our deck on here somewhere. we live on Hillbilly Hill !
NO JOKE!
smiley1.gif
Next we will have a stil in the backyard!Edited by: Ippymiss

Why shucks mizz Ippy, I though Iz wuz the onliest hilbilly on this here ferum

Back