First batch: the waiting is killing me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdahl

Junior
Reaction score
Started my Barolo 45 days ago, want to have some.

I know it's not ready, won't be bottled until October or November (carboy aging with oak staves until then), but still. Even then, it should wait a year in the bottle. But still...

And now, I REALLY don't feel inclined to pay full price for "weekday-wine" at the liquor store (or SAQ, as it is called in Quebec).

So I wait... patiently...

Even started a Pinot Grigio just to make sure I have something ready this summer!

I suppose this gets easier once I'll have a steady rotation of "drink-ready" inventory.

But still...

Its all about keeping the pipeline full. Getting it primed does take some patience. Its been months since I laid out cash for vino.

Started my Barolo 45 days ago, want to have some.

I know it's not ready, won't be bottled until October or November (carboy aging with oak staves until then), but still. Even then, it should wait a year in the bottle. But still...

And now, I REALLY don't feel inclined to pay full price for "weekday-wine" at the liquor store (or SAQ, as it is called in Quebec).

So I wait... patiently...

Even started a Pinot Grigio just to make sure I have something ready this summer!

I suppose this gets easier once I'll have a steady rotation of "drink-ready" inventory.

But still...

Make a batch or 2 of Dragon Blood. You'll be drinking that within a few weeks of pitching the yeast.

Man, you picked the wrong kit to be impatient with. Barolo kits take years.

Oh well, make a bunch of other wines to drink until this one matures. No big deal.

Man, you picked the wrong kit to be impatient with. Barolo kits take years.

Oh well, make a bunch of other wines to drink until this one matures. No big deal.
I know, I know. Will get a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon and a Chianti going, but those are also long-term bottles. In fact, most decent reds, I reckon...

Welcome!

As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part". But it is worth it.

You've done yourself a favor by starting the PG. It'll be nice by the time July rolls around. Work on some Dragon Blood, if you like fruity wines. If not, stick with the Pinot Grigio. And make another batch. This time next year, it'll be awesome. ;)

Perhaps these will help....

images

images

images

images

Latest posts

Back