What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep hearing about this, but haven't quite figured it out.

So, your phone's gps IDs spots where you can "collect" these cartoon characters? What do you do with them once you have collected them?

I guess (still figuring it out myself), you can 'train' them. Then, you can go to a 'gym' where your Pokémon can fight others.

Haven't read it yet, but just found this on line. Seems to be a pretty thorough walkthrough.

http://www.imore.com/pokemon-go

Grandson is here, 2 years old, I have over dosed on Bubble Guppies! Did you know they don't have Roadrunner or Bugs Bunny cartoons any more? Very sad...no Wylie, No Foghorn Leghorn....the world changed on me.

It is rather hot around these parts today. I noticed we are actually warmer than @Johnd, which is rare. Good day to stay inside and rack some wine. Maybe I'll have some leftovers I can try later, or maybe even now.

Steaks later tonight, won't even have to start up the grill, just lay them on the concrete or the car hood and watch them cook.

It is rather hot around these parts today. I noticed we are actually warmer than @Johnd, which is rare. Good day to stay inside and rack some wine. Maybe I'll have some leftovers I can try later, or maybe even now.

Steaks later tonight, won't even have to start up the grill, just lay them on the concrete or the car hood and watch them cook.

We had the heat wave last week, this week, only in the low 90s with clouds and thunderstorms. Nice to have a little break!

Mandeville LA is only showing 86.7*F but your dewpoint is 81*F. I'll take our 97*F with a dewpoint of 75*F any day. I think it is supposed to cool off into the mid 60's here tonight, a temperature that you probably haven't seen for two months! I don't know how I would fare in your area of the country, guess I could lose 80 lbs and try it.

Mandeville LA is only showing 86.7*F but your dewpoint is 81*F. I'll take our 97*F with a dewpoint of 75*F any day. I think it is supposed to cool off into the mid 60's here tonight, a temperature that you probably haven't seen for two months! I don't know how I would fare in your area of the country, guess I could lose 80 lbs and try it.

My outdoor sensor says 92 degrees, 98% humidity, no wind, and it's about to rain, that'll change it all very shortly. Sometimes we don't get out of the 80s at night, haven't seen a 60 outside the wine room in months, and probably won't see one outside for a couple more months. Can't complain though, we average a dozen or so nights a year below freezing, very comfy winters, no ice and snow. Temp down to 88 since I started typing.

At least it's a "dry heave" as they say! Some morning we cool off nicely (58F) and some mornings like today 68F. Going to be another scorcher today. The altitude makes it seem about 10 degrees warmer than it is. Humidity not too bad but wish the monsoons would arrive. We have had a Big ol High pressure system over us for most of the Summer blocking the moisture from coming up from Mexico. Combine that with afternoon heating aloft and you have the perfect recipe for monsoonal showers. The winery/cellar is a cool 65F. :db

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 12.47.04 PM.png

At least it's a "dry heave" as they say! Some morning we cool off nicely (58F) and some mornings like today 68F. Going to be another scorcher today. The altitude makes it seem about 10 degrees warmer than it is. Humidity not too bad but wish the monsoons would arrive. We have had a Big ol High pressure system over us for most of the Summer blocking the moisture from coming up from Mexico. Combine that with afternoon heating aloft and you have the perfect recipe for monsoonal showers. The winery/cellar is a cool 65F. :db

I like that dew point. I can stand the heat, just have issues with the humidity. If you can sweat and it dries off, it cools. My basement is at 68*F and very dry, I spend a lot of time down here.

Just checked York on Wunderground, 98.1, 79*F dew point, 118*F heat index. Yikes.

How did you copy/paste your info?

Last edited:
Upper 90's here as well. Spent the last few hours at (in) the pool. Now headed off to Old Bust Head brewery for some cool refreshments and live music with friends.

Living in Houston, TX for five years I would say that heat index is spot on accurate........ :sh LOL

My weather station screen, after the rain and the sun came out. I'm not so sure it calculates heat index properly, but it's a freaking sauna outside right now.

5 mile run earlier this morning - brutal! It was 7:30 and already 80 degrees. Humidity was only 60%, but no air movement at all. Ugh. Glad that's over.

We are debating whether to go to the Nationals game at 1:30 and deal with the heat, or to to the minor league Potomac Nationals game this evening, when it'll be cooler. Really wanted to go downtown, but I think we're better off staying out of the afternoon heat.

EDIT: Screw it. Free Bryce Harper jersey for the first 10,000 kids. We're going downtown!!!

Last edited:
Since my plant is closing and moving to Germany at the end of the year, I have been constantly applying and interviewing for jobs. So far, Ernest and Julio Gallo Winery in California has had 2 interviews with me. Alas, its a management position in the bottling plant and its obviously in California. BUT.... just had an interview to move to the Yadkin Valley in NC (I'm loving NC), but also had interviews here in Pittsburgh too. Let's see how it plays out.

we did a wine tasting to support the fundraising for a volunteer fire department in Somerset (about an hour away). We sold well and actually sold out of 3 wines. Not a bad take for 3 hours of work. If I don't find a job, maybe I will just concentrate full time on the winery....

Good luck Bill, hate to see you move out of the area if that ends happening but I'll hope for NC cuz I know I'll be seeing you down there.

Ended up being a good afternoon. Kids were very excited to get their Harper jerseys (we didn't tell them about the giveaway ahead of time, so they were very surprised) and they even ended up on the Jumbotron at the end of the 4th inning. It was a great game until the top of the 9th (when we left). 6-6 at that point, but the Padres scored 4 to end it 10-6.

In case anyone ever needs to know this fun fact. You can get about 33 cases of wine bottles into the back of a Honda CRV. Back seats down, standing on the sides. Now to start to get those labels off. I love that I have found a winery that gives them away after they have been used. Cleaned out the back room.

It's beautiful on this end of the world. Gonna make a bbq with my bro whos studying here. My little son is gonna love the park. Gonna play some soccer and have a ball

Latest posts

Back